Apply for Scholarship
Data Fellowships: Data and AI
Designed and taught by leading data science and AI experts at Simon Fraser University, this training program enables emerging leaders from industry and government to develop data science and leadership skills. Through this outcome-focused experiential training program offered by SFU’s Big Data Hub, you will tackle a valuable business problem for your current employer or for a partner organization while gaining an introduction to all aspects of a data project workflow. You will come away with relevant knowledge, training, and a high-quality data project ready for field trial and implementation at the end of the program.
Duration: 6 weeks
- October 18-22 (8:30am - 12:30pm daily)
- October 27 (11:30am - 1:30pm)
- November 3 (11:30am - 1:30pm)
- November 10 (11:30am - 1:30pm)
- November 17 (11:30am - 1:30pm)
- November 24 (11:30am - 1:30pm)
Tuition: $3995- this tuition is covered for mid-career managers who are accepted into the Athena Digital Leaders program. A $400 deposit will be required to take this course which will be returned after course completion.
Prerequisites: Participants are not required to have previous knowledge of Python but some experience in coding would be beneficial. This course is designed to accommodate people with different levels of programming knowledge, and you will gain value regardless of the degree of your previous coding experience.
Registration: If you are an approved Athena Digital Leader, please email email@example.com indicating you would like to register for this course. Please note that a deposit will be required.
- Fred Popowich, PhD, Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science, Scientific Director, SFU’s Big Data Hub and Professor of Computing Science
- Jillian Anderson, MSc, Computing Science, Big Data Concentration, Big Data Developer, SFU's Research Computing Group
- Steven Bergner, PhD, Computing Science, University Research Associate, SFU's Big Data Hub
- Stephen Makonin, PhD, Computing Science, Adjunct Professor, School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University
- Paige Tuttosi, PhD Candidate, School of Computing Science, Research Assistant, SFU's Big Data Hub