What do you envision your next career to look like? Join MetaOptima to make a difference in the lives of millions as we revolutionize the dermatology industry with artificial intelligence-powered software solutions for faster, more effective, and affordable care. MetaOptima is full of passionate, innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to build smart, life-saving technologies for medical professionals and their patients. We have customers all over the world with staff situated to support them from Canada to the US, to Australia and NewZealand, you will have the chance to have an impact on the lives of medical professionals and their patients all around the globe!
Join our fast-growing startup to add your voice to our vision while working with a cool group of people set on making their mark on the world. We take pride in what we’ve accomplished together, and can’t wait to see how you’ll help us grow.
A team who works together, wins together. We’re excited to share some of our accomplishments with you:
- A BCIC New Ventures Competition Winner
- Plug and Play Startup Showdown Winner
- BCIP Innovation Challenge Award Winner
- Coast Capital Savings Venture Prize Winner
- A Ready To Rocket Winner 2018 & 2019
- Winner of ISIC Disease Classification AI Competition 2018
- Member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster
- Winner of ITAC Ingenious of the Year Awards, 2019
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years experience in Android development.
- Solid understanding of the intricacies of the Android platform.
- Experience with mobile development with a portfolio of mobile apps for a variety of devices, specifically for Android platform.
- Experience building complex Android applications featuring custom UI elements, background service handling and asynchronous network requests.
- Experience on web service integration (REST, JSON, XML).
- Experience writing unit and integration tests for Android apps.
- Having examples of applications published in the Google Play store is a plus.
- Knowledge of an Object Oriented Programming language such as Java is a plus.
- Familiar with Agile development.
- Having knowledge of security strategies is a plus.
- Self-motivated, and good team working skills.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- You are resourceful, a fast learner and curious about the latest tech and Android’s trends.
- Writing clean and stable code and accompanying documentation
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Working closely with other developers and UI designers in an agile environment
We offer a competitive salary, vacation, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package (including extended health, vision, and dental). If you are interested and passionate about doing things that really matter send us your resume and join us on this amazing journey.