What do you envision your next career to look like? Join MetaOptima to make a difference in the lives of millions as we revolutionize the dermatology industry with artificial intelligence-powered software solutions for faster, more effective, and affordable care. MetaOptima is full of passionate, innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to build smart, life-saving technologies for medical professionals and their patients. Our casual, open-office culture welcomes fresh ideas from the minds of doers. Join our fast-growing startup to add your voice to our vision while working with a cool group of people set on making their mark on the world. We take pride in what we’ve accomplished together, and can’t wait to see how you’ll help us grow.
A team who works together, wins together. We’re excited to share some of our accomplishments with you:
- A BCIC New Ventures Competition Winner
- Plug and Play Startup Showdown Winner
- BCIP Innovation Challenge Award Winner
- Coast Capital Savings Venture Prize Winner
- A Ready To Rocket Winner 2018 & 2019
- Winner of ISIC Disease Classification AI Competition 2018
- Member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster
- Winner of ITAC Ingenious of the Year Awards, 2019
We are looking for creative individuals who are eager to make a real impact on millions of people’s lives by helping us build and enhance our SaaS web application. As a backend developer, you will work closely with our engineers who work on Android and iOS apps throughout all stages of the development cycle. You will help us maintain and improve our web application and our RESTful web service. You will help us build a mission-critical infrastructure that enables our engineers to iterate at the fastest pace.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years experience in software development.
- Collaborate with system engineers, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- Proficient in Python application development (Knowledge of Django is a plus).
- Experience in Backend MVC web application development.
- Working experience with Linux server administration and scripting languages.
- Strong experience in relational databases (MySQL preferred).
- Experience building tools for development automation (building, testing, releasing or monitoring).
- Experience using source control tools (we use Git).
- Experience developing networked applications and using or building RESTful APIs.
- Experience with networking protocols and technologies (SSL, etc.) is a plus.
- Self-motivated, and good team working skills.
- Being able to write efficient and well-documented code.
- Experience in Apache, Memcached and other open source web server software is a plus.
- Experience in AWS cloud infrastructure is a plus.
- You are resourceful, a fast learner and curious about the latest tech and industry trends.
- Enhancing and developing the backend software that powers our platform.
- Being responsible for tuning, refactoring, and optimizing our databases for high scale should excite you.
- Creating a repeatable automated deployment process for internal and production environments.
- Investigating bugs, diagnosing issues, assisting the team in troubleshooting system issues in all environments.
- Working closely with the engineering team in delivering ongoing releases and updates.
- Defining and documenting the end-to-end release process.
- Being involved in making critical decisions that shape our technology stack.
- Write unit and functional tests for everything you do.
Our office is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express. We offer a competitive salary, vacation, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package (including extended health, vision, and dental). If you are interested and passionate about doing things that really matter send us your resume and join us on this amazing journey.