Build/Deploy and Sys Admin Role
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
• Manage the software version control repository including branches and merges
• Monitor server health and performance using tools and dashboards
• Keep non-production environments up to date with continuous release backfill
• Respond to critical production incidents and identify root cause and common issues
• Define, implement, automate, monitor / troubleshoot software builds and deployments.
• Ensure quick recovery from incidents and failures in development environments related to software build and deploy processes
• Create and maintain documentation as required for maintenance and software releases
• Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with our development, operations, support teams, and third-party vendors
• Degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant discipline.
• 3+ years of experience administering, configuring, supporting and monitoring multi-tier enterprise applications in a complex IT environment; experience responding to critical production incidents (Java, SQL).
• 3+ years in development and management of software builds and build environments, with DevOps tools running and maintaining automated CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins).
• 3+ years in working with software version control systems such as SVN, GiT
• Experience with Splunk, JIRA, HPSM, Shell Scripting, Control-M, IBM MQ, Oracle, .NET/SQL Server, Linux, Microsoft Windows servers would be an asset.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination