Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work. Members of the Sanctuary team founded D-Wave (created the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot) and the Creative Destruction Lab (created in excess of $5B in shareholder value). The team has experience launching market defining innovations rooted in deep, unsolved scientific problems. The company is based in Vancouver, Canada.
A business associate is required to support the Chief Commercial Officer in market analysis, customer engagement, drafting and submitting grant proposals and running onboarding processes with prospective customers.
- Support and report to Chief Commercial Officer to achieve 2021 Commercial and Corporate objectives
- Manage CRM and maintain database with updates and run reports
- Market Research related to product/market fit - analyzing, sourcing, qualifying and prioritizing automatable tasks in the human economy.
- Customer Development - managing a funnel of customers through a stage-gated phased approach.
- Grant Drafting - drafting multi-million dollar grants both nationally and internationally. Examples are with WD and SIF. Ability to put together project plans.
- Attend industry conferences
- 3-5 yrs work experience in venture backed companies or new product development roles
- Motivated by tech, strategy, dynamic environment
- Background or strong interest in marketing, research, partnering, venture building, strategy
- High technical aptitude with background in sciences or engineering with interest in AI, robotics, virtual reality
- Exceptional writing skills
- Comfortable with introductory customer calls and can build trust and rapport quickly
- Exceptional efficiency and focus
- Strong independence and initiative, should require little to no supervision
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations, tasks, and technology
- The ability to prioritize tasks effectively and manage their workload to avoid burnout
- The ability to seamlessly transition between tasks
- The ability to understand what needs to be done well, and what needs to be done fast and balance the two depending on the situation
- Willingness to do whatever is needed to help the team succeed, no matter how boring or repetitive the task
- A strong desire to exceed expectations and bring value to the team
- A track record of going above and beyond
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary is a Vancouver, Canada based mission driven company. Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work.