Job Type: Permanent FTE 37.5
Job Code: BD
Job Level: L1 / L2
Location: Hybrid Remote - Mount Pleasant, Vancouver
Min expectation of 1 day per week in office or in-person meetings (Expected travel ~25%)
MistyWest is a hardware engineering consultancy that exists to create novel technologies that enable a healthier planet and bring prosperity to all humankind, with a focus primarily on hardware projects that advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
About the Role
You are an energized, enthusiastic technical services sales professional looking for your next opportunity in the IoT and smart connected devices space. You engage deeply with our world-conscious mission to bring prosperity to all, via impactful technology and innovative solutions.
You place a high value on organization, self-discipline, and results - all while employing a thoughtful, client-focused approach to delivering the solution that best fits the client’s need. You thrive on identifying, pursuing, and closing high-level partnership deals and can tailor your communication to a diverse audience with varying technical experience.
You look forward to working with an inspired team of collaborators - from engineering physicists to industrial designers and everything in between. You will work most closely with our cross-functional sales and business development teams to attract new partners into our funnel, steward them through our proposal process, build long term relationships and ideally - sign multiple expanding scopes of work.
- Take ultimate accountability for your clients’ success and satisfaction via owning project KPI’s like Client Satisfaction, NPS, revenue, and other metrics
- Support the MistyWest Engineering and Design team in order to achieve high client satisfaction with project outcomes
- Turn leads generated from marketing and outreach activities into opportunities with clear client pain points to be solved
- Drive revenue by converting opportunities into closed projects
- Nurture client relationships to turn projects into recurring revenue
- Develop a strong relationship based on mutual trust and respect with the engineers and project managers at MistyWest to deliver client success
- Develop succinct knowledge of product development in our core technology offerings to provide a reasonable rough order of magnitude estimate for new projects.
- Relentlessly expand your personal network in the hardware ecosystem and constantly work to provide value and build MistyWest’s reputation.
- Maintain client satisfaction, and provide an escalation path to Directors when issues arise
- Maintain excellent record keeping and leverage our CRM (Salesforce) to accelerate the sales cycle.
- Process key legal documents including NDAs, Master Services Agreements, and Work Orders
- Improve internal processes and playbooks by contributing and capturing key learnings during your tenure
- Others, as required.
Candidates matching most of the following skills are encouraged to apply. If you are missing some requirements, you may still be considered. Please highlight any missing requirements in your cover letter and explain how you would address or overcome that challenge.
- 3-6 years of experience in a hardware service sales environment
- Proven results in customer-facing sales and/or account management roles
- Understanding of current trends in industrial and commercial IoT, preferrably computer vision, remote sensors, wearables, and other embedded systems
- Takes accountability for client outcomes and works relentlessly to achieve success
- Coachability: proactively seeks opportunities to learn from teammates
- Adept at learning new concepts and employing that learning in realtime
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills; can distill complex or difficult concepts to First Principles
- Skilled collaborator: employs a “Pull Together” mindset to achieve collective results, prioritizes team effort over individual wins
- Bias to action: continually pushes through barriers to achieve results in ambiguous or unclear situations
- Legal ability to travel within continental North America (Travel time: ~ 25%)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Industrial Design or STEM field, or equivalent diplomas & experience
- Direct experience in IoT and Computer Vision hardware engineering environments
- Technical sales leadership experience is highly valued
Compensation for this role will scale with experience and the degree to which the candidate fulfills the various requirements of the role.
The base salary band for this role is $69,800 to $86,000 based on a 40-hour workweek. Additional compensation based on commission or bonus-sharing schemes TBA.
In addition to our competitive base salaries, MistyWest offers a dynamic salary based on profit sharing, equity, banked time and benefits, which is a bit different from conventional compensation programs. We also work a 37.5 hour work week, to encourage healthy work-life integration (something to keep in mind if comparing to 40-hour, non-banked time salaried gigs).
Benefits include the following (we’re always adding more):
- 37.5 hour workweek and flexible weekly allocation
- Banked time: MistyWest compensates for all hours worked above salaried amounts
- 4 weeks paid vacation, 5 sick days and 3 Pro D days annually plus 10 paid statutory holidays & holiday office closures (44 PTO days annually)
- Additional two weeks of paid Support Leave for parents, caretakers & bereavement
- Flexible work schedule & opportunity to telecommute when not needed at HQ
- Generous parental leave top-up (18 weeks at full pay)
- Supplemental Unemployment Benefit for medical and extended leaves
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision plan from Sun Life (including psychology and clinical counseling benefits)
- Flexible Health Spending account starting at $250, with $100 added every year after one continuous year of employment
- $1000 discretionary Professional Development budget per annum
- Access to full laboratory and workshop for personal projects
- Well-stocked corporate library & access to complimentary online learning subscriptions on demand
- Opportunities to travel to professional conferences like CES, SXSW, SIGGRAPH, and more
- Complimentary staff events like ski trips, parties, shared meals, and community events
- Working in an attractive, bright, open-plan, dog-friendly office in Mount Pleasant, with complimentary snacks and espresso!
How to Apply - please apply through the job portal on our website: https://apply.workable.com/mistywest/j/F9D954454C/