Business Systems Analyst – Applications(Driver Licensing & Govt Bus Sol)
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
ICBC is committed to delivering consistently high quality customer service to all British Columbians. If you are reliable and dependable, we welcome you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The Information Services Division is currently looking for Business Systems Analysts to join our applications teams. In this role, you will assist the business in the analysis and remediation of issues.
Specifically, you will:
• Document systems and acceptance criteria based on business requirements
• Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team and facilitate business and technical discussions/ workshops and other activities
• Clearly articulate requirements, proactively collaborate with team, and facilitate development and testing activities to ensure the solution meets the business need
• Provide data to business stakeholders for investigation and remediation
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
• Identify root cause of defects/incidents and communicate resolution.
This position will require someone who has 2+ years of hands-on experience in Business Systems Analysis or relevant post-secondary education. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Experience in identifying and understanding client needs, validating with key stakeholders and evaluating alternative solutions
• Hands-on experience in SQL/Oracle and process mapping tools (e.g. Visio)
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of different requirement gathering techniques and basic understanding of UI and design principles, functional and non-functional requirements
• Hands on experience in following an Agile methodology
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and learning agility
• Ability to work without supervision and in a cross-functional team environment
• Exposure to Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire ClaimCenter, JIRA, HPSM, and/or SharePoint is an asset
• Understanding of basic testing techniques would be an asset.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.