Business Systems Analyst – Senior
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
ICBC is committed to delivering consistently high quality customer service to all British Columbians. If you are reliable and dependable, we welcome you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The Information Services Division is currently looking for Senior Business Systems Analysts to join our applications teams. In this role, you will assist the business in the Investigation and remediation of issues. In addition, the position may lead small to large-scale applications related projects.
Specifically, you will:
• Document systems and acceptance criteria based on business requirements
• Work closely with the business stakeholders in understanding and prioritizing requests to support investigation and remediation
• Spearhead and facilitate cross-functional teams of any size
• Identify opportunities and implement processes to improve both speed of delivery and quality of deliverables
• Coach on defect/incident resolution, as well as identify root cause of complex defects/incidents across portfolios and communicate resolution
• Clearly articulate requirements, proactively collaborate with team, and facilitate development and testing activities to ensure the solution meets the business need
• Provide data to the business stakeholders for investigation and remediation.
This position will require someone who has 5+ years of hands-on experience in Business Systems Analysis or a combination of relevant post-secondary education and related experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Advanced experience in identifying and understanding business needs, validating with key stakeholders and evaluating alternative solutions
• Advanced experience in SQL/Oracle, Confluence, SPLUNK, ITSM tools (e.g. HPSM, ServiceNow), process mapping tool (e.g. Visio)
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of different requirement gathering techniques and hands on experience with UI and design principles, functional and non-functional requirements.
• Experience conducting impact analysis in an enterprise environment.
• Experience applying enterprise architecture and security framework principles.
• Expert knowledge in Agile methodologies and experience as a scrum master/team lead.
• Ability to translate technical terms and requirements for non-technical people.
• Experience in facilitating/guiding large cross functional groups with demonstrated success in relationship building, conflict resolutions, consensus building, risk mitigation and in delivery of medium-to-large initiatives.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements.
• Experience with different testing techniques.
• Experience performing production support including incident, problem and change management
• End-to-end knowledge of software development lifecycles (e.g. build and release management, migration methodology).
• Experience in supervising and mentoring cross-functional team members.
• Exposure to Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire ClaimCenter, JIRA, HPSM, and/or SharePoint is an asset.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits and hybrid work.