Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work. Members of the Sanctuary team founded D-Wave (created the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot) and the Creative Destruction Lab (created in excess of $5B in shareholder value). The team has experience launching market defining innovations rooted in deep, unsolved scientific problems. The company is based in Vancouver, Canada.
We are seeking an exceptional Data Scientist to work with our artificial intelligence and robotics teams on defining, collecting, curating, featurizing, and annotating data streams coming from the perception and action systems of robots. You will work with a wide variety of data sources (haptic, proprioceptive, visual, aural, and language), and team with AI research scientists to integrate these sensory streams into a cognitive architecture incorporating state-of-the-art AI techniques.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement efficient data collection, curation and annotation pipelines for perception and action data coming from physical robots
- Work with software teams to define and implement real-time APIs to data
- Provide software engineering support to integrate and test research-level code in production robotic environments
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Economics, or any other related quantitative field; working experience is also acceptable for this position
- Familiarity with ROS / ROS2
- Expertise with database systems, python, and C++
- Experience with managing data in a machine learning environment
- Familiarity with a wide variety of ML algorithms and frameworks
- You are highly competitive with a track record of success
- You are naturally optimistic and work well with both leadership and team members
- You are organized, learn quickly, attend to detail, and are excited by challenges
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary is a Vancouver, Canada based mission driven company. Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work.