Named again in 2019 as one of FORTUNE’s ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’, Fujitsu is a leading multinational information and communication technology (ICT) company at the forefront of driving enterprise-scale digital transformation initiatives in organizations and communities around the world. Offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services, Fujitsu’s commitment to R&D continues to deliver cutting-edge technologies, particularly in the fields of artificial intelligence, quantum-inspired computing, IoT, blockchain, and supercomputing. Combined with its core offerings in IT infrastructure and cloud transformation, this has enabled Fujitsu to develop vast international business operations employing over 132,000 people in 100 countries worldwide in all business sectors at the heart of the global economy. Additionally, Fujitsu’s strong orientation towards the environment, sustainability, and social/societal impact, has ensured it continues to be named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World (DJSI World), the world’s leading Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) index, year after year.
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology Limited (FITL) is an emerging center of excellence and forward-looking innovation center in Fujitsu’s global operations for data science, artificial intelligence, quantum-inspired computing, and digital transformation. Located in Vancouver, Canada, and operating as a gateway to Fujitsu’s profound global engineering and innovation ecosystem, FITL is positioned as a digital transformation catalyst, working to grow Fujitsu’s AI and Digital Annealer-powered quantum-inspired computing business in North America and globally.
Comprised of a diverse and talented team of professionals committed to helping Fujitsu’s customers navigate an increasingly digital world, FITL believes that employee development, health and wellbeing, work-life balance, and diversity and inclusion are as important to them as being leaders in digital innovation. FITL’s goal is to create an environment where employees feel free to be their authentic selves at work and realize their full potential all while working collaboratively together to co-create transformative solutions at the heart of reimagining how businesses and society can thrive in this millenium.
We are looking for a Data Scientist in our Vancouver BC office.
We're looking for a seasoned Data Scientist to join Fujitsu's AI and optimization team in Vancouver to help us solve real-world challenges to the society and businesses across different industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, drug discovery, oil and gas, and financial services.
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology aims to shape the nation into a global AI and Operations Research leader, and to become a central player in the North American and global ecosystems. We are operating as a cutting-edge startup tech company, with access to resources and technologies that only a global leader can provide, such as Fujitsu’s Next Generation Quantum-Inspired Digital Annealer, a dedicated architecture for solving complex combinatorial optimization problems.
As a Data Scientist in our team, you will play a crucial role in identifying and developing innovative advanced analytics solutions and services. In this position, you will be working with clients to solve business problems through data, using best-of-breed open source and proprietary technologies.
About the position
A successful candidate will perform the following:
- Collaborate with our internal and external clients to understand business processes, identify opportunities, and propose approaches to challenges in a consultative manner
- Design, develop and lead the implementation of cloud or on-premises analytics solutions
- Acquire, explore, analyze, visualize, cleanse, and transform large sets of data from various external or internal sources
- Select and apply appropriate algorithms, methods, and tools
- Create scalable data pipelines and machine learning systems
- Clearly and objectively communicate progress, results and insights to clients
- Investigate, define, select, and promote the use of processes, tools, frameworks, and best practices
- Provide mentorship to other team members in Data Science
- Master’s or PhD Degree in a quantitative field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, Quantitative Finance, Math, Physics or a related Engineering degree
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience and five (5) years of experience in Data Science (industry or academia)
- Strong knowledge and experience in statistics, data mining, machine learning, and deep learning
- Expert skills in a data and analytics programming language, preferably Python
- Experience with analytics, machine learning frameworks and packages such as Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Proven ability to communicate complex concepts and insights verbally and in writing to colleagues and clients with varying degrees of data science knowledge
- Proven ability to efficiently work in a team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work gracefully and effectively in high pressure situations
- Organized, articulate, team player, open to collaborative workstyles
- Familiarity working in cross-cultural and geo-diverse teams
- Experience in designing and building production analytics solutions
- Experience in Operations Research such as linear programming, metaheuristics, heuristics, quadratic programming, discrete event simulation
- Consulting or experience in a client-facing role
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with visualization platforms such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Experience with relational databases, SQL and data modeling