Data Visualization Analyst - Senior
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
The Data Visualization Analyst – Senior (DVA) on the Information Management, Data Management & Operations team will focus on development of Big Data reporting and analytics solutions, working closely with stakeholders to meet their decision-support requirements.
This role will work with Finance and Corporate Actuarial users to support data analysis and equip the business to make data-driven decisions. We use Scala and Advanced SQL to perform “Data Preparation” and Tableau Enterprise to create self-service reports & visualizations. The team uses StreamSets, Hadoop and Spark for Big Data as well as SQL & Scripting languages for RDBMS.
Accountabilities will include:
• Provide subject matter expertise on data sources, reporting workflows, business process, and appropriate tools for data analysis;
• Requirements gathering, data analysis & profiling, data integration, solution design and development;
• Effective collaboration and stakeholders management at all levels of the organization;
• Lead agile teams & deliver corporate projects, be a mentor to junior team members;
• Ensure data quality and report content is acceptable within corporate governance and privacy protocols;
• Effectively utilize features and Best Practices of Tableau and visual analytics to maximize impact and utilitization of visualization techniques & methodologies;
• Participate with corporate data user teams, develop data validation and test plans, performing user acceptance testing, and provide feedback to development and sustainment teams.
The following experience and skills are important to be successful in this role.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze large and complex datasets and present them in easy to understand format to business users;
• Proven experience in designing and building visualizations and reports with visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik or Power BI;
• Proven proficiency in Advanced SQL and relational databases like IBM DB2 and Oracle;
• Applied knowledge in Big Data platforms, ideally experienced in Scala and with exposure to Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Apache Drill, Hive, Spark, Spark SQL);
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements;
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on technical problems and solution design;
• Experience leading a small team/project and mentor junior team members;
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
• Ability to work effectively in a team and independently;
• Experience with Agile Methodologies;
• Experience with systems such as Guidewire Claim Center and Policy Center, SAP Finance, DataStage, Control-M, and JIRA would be an asset;
• Product management experience is a plus;
• Experience with data analysis & visualization using Python programming will be preferred;
Salary range for this role $81,258 - $88,019 plus comprehensive benefits and hybrid work.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.