At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
The Information Services Division is currently looking for Developers to join our applications teams. In this position, you will take on the integral role of enhancing and maintaining the online tools our teams, partners and customers use on a daily basis. You will have a chance to use and polish your skills in the areas of web and mobile friendly development, testing and deployment.
As a Developer, you will be responsible for:
• Coding and unit testing in support of minor enhancements and internal improvement initiatives
• Providing technical expertise while managing components of work for the design, configuration, development, and delivery of software applications
• Investigation and resolution of production problems related to the applications
• Providing estimates for business cases, impact assessments, projects and action requests in response to requests from Business Systems Analysts or Team Leads
• Develop automation methods, identify performance and system capacity requirements, and implement development tools to gain efficiencies with application development and operational support.
This position will require someone who has 2+ years of hands-on experience in the domain of software development or equivalent post-secondary education in computer science.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Hands-on experience in Java/C#/C++, SQL/Oracle, XML, version control tools (e.g. SVN, GitHub) and web development
• Hands on experience with unit testing/functional testing and application debugging techniques
• Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture concepts including web services, queues, sync/async
• Exposure to Agile methodologies, or other software development best practices preferable
• Able to understand functional/non-functional requirements
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and learning agility
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
• Experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire ClaimCenter, Outsystems, Mobile application development or Delphi would be an asset.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.