At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
The IS Enterprise Content Management (ECM) team has a challenging opportunity for a Developer. You will part of the deliver team involved in the development, implementation, testing and operational support for ICBC’s Enterprise document & records management solutions and portfolio. ECM provides technical services for scanning & capture (Kofax), storage & management of unstructured data (Open Text Content Server - OTCS) and document generation support (Document Production Controller – DPC an integrated component of EngageOne).
Typical Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Use critical thinking and out of the box thinking to solve day-to-day business problems for customers.
• Integrating business applications and web applications with Open Text content server and SharePoint online.
• Help establish the continuous integration and continuous deployment practice through adoption and utilization of new development processes (CI/CD pipeline).
• Work with product owners in designing, building, testing, and implementing new solutions for stakeholders.
• Research and assess the use of new emerging technology through development of prototypes.
• Maintain, monitor and improve existing technology stack.
• Be independent, creative, and collaborate with the rest of the team in a rapid-delivery paced environment.
• Performing solution testing (unit, performance & end to end) and ensure defects are resolved within acceptable timelines
• Handling and managing enterprise release & change management – initiation to implementation
• Co-ordinating and working effectively with other ISD teams to support the delivery of end to end ECM services
• Providing estimates for business cases, impact assessments, and work estimation effort
• Developing and testing new technology capabilities and enhancements
• Producing documentation and procedures.
The successful candidate must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Have completed or pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution focused in computer science, engineering, business or related field.
• Familiarity with web design principles and frameworks such as React JS/Native.
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals like object-oriented design, functional programming, data structures, and algorithms.
• Knowledge and understanding of design thinking, lean, or operational excellence methodology is an asset.
• Ability to write clean, well-documented code and participate in code reviews
• Excellent complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Solid troubleshooting and communication skills
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits and hybrid work.