Developer - Intermediate
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
There is an opportunity to work as an Intermediate Integration Developer as part of the Integration Competency Center Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing application integration governance, guidance, analysis, design, development, and testing expertise to projects from initiation to implementation. You will also be responsible for the ongoing sustainment of integration work products. You will work with other developers, or as the sole developer within an agile methodology.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical leadership on projects
- Providing estimates for business cases and impact assessments
- Analyzing, designing, developing, testing, implementing and sustaining enterprise integration services to meet business requirements
- Managing multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
- Working cooperatively in a cross functional team environment and with other departments and stakeholders
- Resolving issues identified in testing
- Supporting existing services in the portfolio
- Providing production support for incident resolution
- Providing mentoring and coaching to fellow developers/team members
The Intermediate Developer may lead a small cross-functional team of any complexity and oversee the work of junior developers on both the application integration technical design and software development efforts for projects. This would include monitoring, reviewing, and assigning work to their team members, be an escalation point for issues, and to assist with the development of the team members through planning, guidance, support and mentoring. As a technical software developer, responsibilities will include analyzing requirements, developing specifications, designing program modules, coding, testing, and conducting technical walkthroughs.
This position will require someone who has 3-5 years of relevant hands-on experience or a combination of relevant post-secondary education in computer science and related technical experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Applied knowledge of agile and Dev-Ops methodologies
- Knowledge of SOA and microservices architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with IBM’s WebSphere Integration Suite (including: IBM App Connect, IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM DataPower Gateway)
- Demonstrated experience in developing web services and RESTful services.
- Strong understanding of integration and asynchronous (MQ) messaging
- Demonstrated experience programming in ESQL, JAVA, XML/XSLT, JSON, ANT, Maven
- Demonstrated experience with the following would be an asset: Jenkins, version control tools (SVN, Git), SOAP UI, Splunk, SteelCentral (aka Opnet), Cucumber/Karate, File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
- Experience in project planning and estimating development components
- Working experience and demonstrated ability creating and documenting technical designs
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and do research to find solutions
- Strong communications and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction and able to provide direction to junior staff
Please include with your resume a cover letter that describes your experience and projects that closely relate to this position. Also include other related experience you feel will also be an asset to this role.
Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.