Developer – Senior – Applications
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
ICBC is committed to delivering consistently high quality customer service to all British Columbians. If you are reliable and dependable, we welcome you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The Information Services Division is currently looking for Senior Developers to join our applications teams. In this position, you will take on the integral role of leading the enhancement and maintenance of the online tools our teams, partners and customers use on a daily basis. You will have a chance to use your expert skills in the areas of web and mobile friendly development, testing and deployment.
As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for :
• Providing expert level technical knowledge while managing and supervising complex work for the design, configuration, development, and delivery of software applications
• Investigation and resolution of production problems related to the applications
• Providing estimates for business cases, impact assessments, projects and action requests in response to requests from Business Systems Analysts or Team Leads
• Develop automation methods, identify performance and system capacity requirements, and implement development tools to gain efficiencies with application development and operational support
• Acting as a lead and facilitator for team members engaged in development activities.
This position will require someone who has 5+ years of relevant hands-on experience or a combination of relevant post-secondary education in computer science and related business experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Expert level experience in Java/C#/C++, SQL/Oracle, XML, data modelling, version control tools (e.g. SVN, GitHub), JIRA, web development, ITSM tools (e.g. HPSM, ServiceNow)
• Expert level knowledge in Agile methodologies including experience as a Scrum Master/Team Lead/Architect Owner
• Advanced experience with Dev-Ops, build and release management, migration methodology and related toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, SPLUNK etc.) including requirements to plan, implement or oversee releases into production
• Expert level experience with unit testing, functional testing, automated testing and application debugging techniques
• Advanced experience with Enterprise Architecture including supervising the development of web services including REST API, queues including MQ, sync/async messaging while maintaining the integrity of the solution
• Demonstrated ownership with design of enterprise solutions
• Exposure to security frameworks (e.g. authentication - LDAP, AD)
• Experience defining/implementing functional/non-functional requirements
• Experience performing production support including incident, problem and change management
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership role, including facilitation, relationship building, identifying and mitigating technical risks, and conflict resolution
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work without supervision and in a cross-functional team environment
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements
• Experience in guiding and mentoring team members including code reviews and code refactoring
• Applied knowledge of industry best practices, and experience researching tools and techniques for systems review and design to ensure effective application design
• Experience with Guidewire PolicyCenter, Guidewire ClaimCenter, Outsystems, Mobile application development or Delphi would be an asset.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits and hybrid work.