Digital Solutions Designer
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
IS Solutions Leader for the Digital team will work on designing and developing a digital strategy and self-service capabilities customers, employees and partners. You will be collaborating with an digital team, applying design thinking and implementing modern technology solutions.
The ideal candidate will be organized, innovative, self-motivated, and have good communication skills. The digital team will provide you an opportunity to learn new technologies, and experience a team culture centered on doing things differently, rather than providing a different flavor of the same thing.
• Take ownership of complex customer experience problems, from discovery, concept, validation phases, right through to designing and delivery of technology solutions
• Applying human-centered design/design thinking to visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them optimally and compellingly for internal and external stakeholder.
• Use critical thinking and out of the box thinking to solve day-to-day business problems for contact centers, customers, business operations, and business partners.
• Work with business stakeholders in designing and prototyping online self-service solutions to improve customer experience and digital footprint.
• Research and assess the use of new emerging technology and tools for adoption.
• Develop and maintain the digital technology strategy and capabilities roadmap.
• Create and maintain artifacts relating to design and architecture related to enterprise online services.
• A human-centered design approach to solving complex problems and creating exceptional experiences
• Experience implementing digital channels solutions such as chatbots/live chat, mobile (iOS/Android), SMS, web content solutions, modern web applications and front end development.
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals like object-oriented design, functional programming, data structures, and algorithms
• Undergraduate or graduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution focused in computer science, engineering, business or related field.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination