Full Stack Software Developer
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology Limited (FITL) is a Center of Excellence and Innovation in Fujitsu's global operations for Data and Decision Science, Artificial Intelligence, Quantum-inspired computing, and Digital Transformation.
Inspired by the power of artificial intelligence and quantum-inspired computing, FITL leverages some of the most advanced forms of Decision Science as a catalyst to help our customers solve problems and harness opportunities related to the increasingly vast streams of data in today's modern enterprise.
Located in Vancouver, Canada, and operating as a gateway to Fujitsu's profound global innovation services and solutions capacity, we also serve as a gateway to significant global innovation capacity in helping organizations in North America harness the latest advanced technologies along their own Digital Transformation journeys.
Comprised of a diverse and talented team of professionals committed to helping Fujitsu’s customers navigate an increasingly digital world, FITL believes that employee development, health and wellbeing, work-life balance, and diversity and inclusion are as important to them as being leaders in digital innovation. FITL’s goal is to create an environment where employees feel free to be their authentic selves at work and realize their full potential all while working collaboratively together to co-create transformative solutions at the heart of reimagining how businesses and society can thrive in this millennium.
We're looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Developer to join Fujitsu's AI and optimization team to develop solutions that help solve real-world challenges facing society and businesses across different industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, and financial services.
As a full stack software developer, you are passionate about developing solutions and should be comfortable with front-end and back-end coding languages, technologies, frameworks and third-party/opensource libraries. You will play a crucial role in developing innovative advanced analytics solutions & services to support business outcomes. In this position, you will be working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment to develop global and scalable solutions to solve customer problems through data, using best-of-breed open source and proprietary AI and Operations Research technologies such as Fujitsu’s Next Generation Quantum Inspired Digital Annealer, a dedicated architecture for solving complex combinatorial optimization problems.
About the position
A successful candidate will perform the following:
- Designing and developing front end web applications and UX/UI on the web pages
- Designing and developing back-end web applications and the system architectures
- Creating servers and well-functioning databases for web and REST API applications
- Designing and developing effective APIs
- Deploying and Testing web applications to ensure functionality, performance, responsiveness, and efficiency
- Creating test cases, test plans and automated test scripts for unit tests.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and fixing bugs and upgrading software/applications
- Creating security and data protection settings and measures
- Writing technical documentation
- Leading solution development projects from a software development point of view, planning and executing development activities
- Enhancing web applications with new features that meet customers’ needs
- Working and communicating well with product managers, business analysts, data scientists and OR scientists to collaborate, review and deliver high quality applications.
- Learning continually, sharing knowledge, and fostering the exchange of skills.
- Working using the agile method (planning meetings, review meetings, standup meetings, development, etc.)
- Working on multiple projects at once while keeping focused on the project timeline
- Degree in computer science or relevant field
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role, and familiarity with common stacks for web applications
- Minimum 3 years experience in a production web application/solution development
- Proficiency with fundamental back-end server-side languages such as Python, Java, C++, etc. (especially Python)
- Experience in developing and deploying REST APIs
- Familiarity with web servers such as Nginx and Apache with a background in Linux
- Experience with databases (e.g. MySQL and MongoDB), SQL and data modelling
- Basic design ability including knowledge of UI/UX and basic prototype design
- Knowledge and experience in Azure Features such as Event Hub, Vault, Function, VM, Container, DevOps (CI/CD)
- Experience in implementing security measures
- Experience in software development in an agile approach
- Great skills in evaluating the performance and security of applications and delivering solutions which are efficient and performant
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and teamwork skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with visualization platforms such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Experience in managing and analyzing large-scale structured and unstructured data using a data and analytics programming language, preferably Python
- Experience in data science using machine learning frameworks and packages such as Scikit-learn, Keras, PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Experience with analytics, and optimization frameworks and packages such as Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Gurobi, CPLEX, Xpress, Simulated Annealing