Head of Marketing
What's the opportunity?
As Borealis AI’s Head of Marketing, you will lead our efforts to make RBC a recognized leader for innovation with AI. You will be responsible for communications of Borealis AI’s research and products, collaborating with world-class AI experts to make our work accessible and engaging for a broader audience. This is a rare opportunity to shape the global conversation on AI: you'll think deeply about the societal impacts of AI and the practical choices companies make to bring AI to life in real-world applications. You can find out more about Borealis AI's research and products at www.borealisai.com.
Your responsibilities include:
Content & Thought Leadership
- Design and execute marketing campaigns (website, blogs, op-eds, interviews, etc.) that illustrate RBC's leadership in applied AI;
- Manage scientific thought leadership to accompany launches of Borealis AI products with RBC business partners;
- Write blogs and articles with unique and insightful commentary on emerging trends in AI.
- Define and execute a marketing and PR program to support Borealis AI's recruitment goals;
- Collaborate with our research and engineering team to deliver inspiring content for technical audiences.
Public Relations & Community
- Collaborate with RBC Communications on press releases for Borealis AI products and activities;
- Oversee the Borealis AI social media team and website.
You're our ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in marketing in technology companies or early-stage startups;
- Have knowledge of artificial intelligence (or intense curiosity to dive deep and learn from colleagues);
- Are a self-starter ready to roll up your sleeves and execute on your strategy;
- Can express complex technical ideas as simple, captivating content that engages technology and business audiences;
What's in it for you?
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach full potential;
- Own a function at Borealis AI, with autonomy and room to grow;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock options where applicable;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and include where you heard about this opportunity.
About Borealis AI
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.