At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
ICBC has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Architect who will prepare us for cloud services and ultimately a Hybrid Cloud foundation. You will work along side enterprise architects, our application and IT security solutions leaders to ensure our hybrid cloud landscape meets our current and future goal as ICBC further embarks on Digital Services and Cloud solutions.
This is an opportunity for Infrastructure architects who wish to enhance their skills and expertise around Cloud Services. You will have a good understanding and experience of current enterprise and cloud foundational technology, solutions and trends. You will have an opportunity to guide the foundational build and deliver architectural blueprints and recommend decision on ICBC’s journey to cloud. The overall goal is to support ICBC's business strategies to 2025. To succeed in this mandate, you will need to excel in building trusting relationships, have excellent consulting skills, be results-driven, and apply the leadership we require to drive change and foster modern practices and thinking.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Leading the modernization blue print of IT infrastructure in preparation for cloud services.
• Developing roadmaps and plans for IT Infrastructure in alignment to cloud readiness
• Collaborating with other key internal technical stakeholders and enterprise architects on IT infrastructure on-premise or in the cloud.
• Consulting with vendors and researching solutions in alignment to our overall cloud strategy.
• Consulting and presenting to key management stakeholders
• Representing IT infrastructure architecture in support of our large scale, complex projects in insurance, claims and licensing services.
Successful candidates will have:
• 5+ years of experience modernizing IT Infrastructure
• 3+ years in readying and connecting IT infrastructure to cloud services such as MS Azure & AWS
• Leadership in driving solutions across multi-disciplinary IT team.
• Strong consulting, presentation, collaboration, facilitation skills. Project mgmt. skills are an asset.
• Previous delivery experience in IT Infrastructure technical design, planning and implementation.
• Ability to work in a complex and structured environment with mature architectural disciplines.
• Exceptional communication skills required to articulate and present complex concepts and ideas, and business problems and technical solutions, across a broad range of audiences.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.