Infrastructure Platform Administrator - Server Operating Systems Platforms
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Server Operating Systems Platforms is looking for an Infrastructure Platform Administrator who will primarily responsible operational support of infrastructure systems. ICBC infrastructure is transforming to Infrastructure and Platform as a Service (IaaS/PaaS), and is building an internal Cloud.
You will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in:
• Experience of working with Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8 in an enterprise environment is preferred.
• Server troubleshooting, server maintenance and server patching skills (SCCM/Satellite)
• Knowledge of Hybrid Cloud Platforms and multi-site operational support
• Strong support documentation skills, cross-training, knowledge transfer, and provide creative solutions
• Asset management and tracking
• Collaborating with internal staff in support of cross-workgroup projects and operational support
• Scripting – Knowledge of Power Shell/Bash
• Effective organization skills that enhance the team and achieve departmental goals and objectives
• Providing a positive customer service focus that helps drive Server Infrastructure’s Service Management objectives
• Providing operational support in response to server monitoring.
• Superior verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
Your qualifications will include:
• Demonstrated experience within an Enterprise Server environment for mid to large sized IT Infrastructure systems;
• Experience with methodologies and best practices such as ITIL, incident, problem and change management, and service management;
• Experience with Networking, Citrix, VMWare, Nutanix and Storage technologies will be an asset.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.