IT Service Desk Representative
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
The ICBC IT Service Desk provides a single point of contact for employees and ICBC business partners to effectively resolve incidents and respond to requests for IT support. As an IT Service Desk Representative, you will provide support over the phone, resolution on technical issues and process technology requests:
• Customer Support: Respond to inquiries and requests resolving simple to moderately complex technical issues, and processing standard requests for computer systems, applications, equipment, network and telephone systems
• Problem Diagnosis: Effectively gather relevant information from the customer and analyze issues using diagnostic tools and applications, vendor manuals and internal documentation in order to determine probable cause and take corrective action; escalate unusual or complex issues appropriately
• Documentation: Maintain knowledge of division and department standards, policies, procedures and guidelines, and document in a shared knowledge base
To make an immediate contribution to the team, you will bring demonstrated experience:
• Providing excellent customer service, able to respond to multiple requests through various media, researching and resolving multiple technical issues, and responding effectively to customers with time sensitive concerns
• Ability to explain technical procedures clearly to a non-technical audience
• Working with a broad range of computer systems and applications, voice and data communications, network technologies, and local and remote diagnostic tools
• A minimum of six months’ service desk experience in a computer operations environment
• Your experience is supported with recent post-secondary education in a computer related field leading to a diploma or certificate
• Please note this position is in a call center environment
The Service Desk hours currently are from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday – Friday and 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Saturday.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.