Junior DevOps & IT
You are a trouble-shooter and problem solver, working on a wide variety of DevOps and IT responsibilities in our quantum computing company. You overcome barriers that exist between development, testing, and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as you design, plan, and test. You design, install and support our information technology systems, including our security infrastructure and our remote working environment. You will collaborate with software, hardware, and quantum engineers, as well as other team members to manage code releases.
Plus, you’re equally comfortable with tackling IT responsibilities, whether it's laying fibre and racking equipment as we build out our quantum lab, setting up secure remote access for our team, onboarding new engineers with the right equipment, or troubleshooting network issues.
This is a great opportunity if you’re looking to develop your skillset, gain exposure to a range of technologies and projects, and learn from a wider team of software, hardware, and quantum engineers.
What we need you to do:
- Develop and build IT solutions – including installing and configuring solutions, implementing reusable components, translating technical requirements, assisting with all stages of test data, developing interface stubs and simulators, and performing script maintenance and updates
- Plan, configure, test, and monitor new information technology systems
- Manage the IT infrastructure for local and remote employees, as well as vendors and contractors
- Identify and resolve systems issues
- Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology
- Write scripts to automate systems administration for internal systems and/or cloud systems
- Collaborate with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
- Develop disaster preparedness and recovery plans
- Design and install new system upgrades
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency and enhance workflows
- Protect company data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage, and other necessary means
- Coordinate between the company and external vendors and contractors about IT-related infrastructure and development
What you bring to our team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, plus 3 to 5 years of work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years of experience supporting engineering teams
- Wide knowledge in operating system administration, programming and scripting languages, cloud platform deployment, and networking protocols configuration
- Proven experience and success in Linux server Administration, NoSQL, and relational database knowledge is important
- Hands-on experience with virtualization
- Experience deploying remote access technologies with multi-factor authentication
- Experience managing public or private cloud resources and services
- Hands-on experience in networking security, databases, and cloud systems
- Experience with a wide variety of software tools – source control tools, continuous integration tools, and team management tools
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Experience with the agile methodology of project management and the supporting tools (i.e JIRA)
- Excellent communication skills
Photonic is designing the world’s first quantum processor in silicon. Our ideal candidate has worked in an environment that supports software engineers as well as a hardware lab that contains a wide variety of electronic, optical and mechanical systems and electronic test equipment, low-temperature systems, and machine shop and research equipment.