Junior Python Software Developer
D-Wave is looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our Application Development Technologies and Tools (ADTT) team. This developer will collaborate on the continuous improvement of Leap, the first cloud-based Quantum Application Environment that provides real time access to a live quantum computer.
What you will do:
In this role you’ll be developing software that allows our customers to develop applications that run on our quantum computer. You will be particularly focused on maintaining, upgrading and modernizing our open source, client libraries and library of examples on GitHub. No prior quantum physics is required. You will learn on the job how to make use of this bleeding edge technology.
Here’s what makes this role awesome:
Challenge: You’ll be responsible for a core part of our software offering that forms the building block of future quantum applications.
Connection: Your work will be seen (and used!) by programmers around the world.
Impact: You and your team will lay the groundwork for the future of programming quantum computers.
In this role you'll
- Write clean, well-documented and testable software for our Ocean software tools
- Support the quantum computing developer community and D-Wave customers by maintaining code and fixing bugs in open and closed source software
- Write and maintain application examples to help new users map their application to the Quantum computer.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on software architecture best practices
The skills we’re looking for:
- Professional Software development experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and understanding of a wide breadth of computer science fundamentals
- Demonstrable mastery of a technical subject that you’re passionate about
- Excellent Python and/or C++ abilities or a deep understanding of how similar languages function under the hood
- Experience incorporating builds and tests into a continuous integration platform like Circle-ci, Appveyor, Jenkins or Travis
- Experience working on end-to-end software projects: from architecture to implementation to documentation
- Familiarity with linear algebra and graph theory
- Effective technical communication skills: you’ll need to work 1-on-1 with our clients and internal teams
D-Wave is passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, identities and experiences. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or provincial law.