Junior Software Developer Engineer in Test
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual that thrives on making an impact not only with those they support, but through the company they are a part of.
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, LeapTM, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer and a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, enabling the solution of very large problems. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python.
D-Wave’s customers have developed more than 200 early applications of our quantum system. With the combined capabilities of the next generation system, Advantage, and the recently introduced hybrid solvers, D-Wave’s customers will be able to deploy these capabilities to benefit their businesses.
The Junior SDET role:
The D-Wave’s test engineering team is seeking a Junior Software Developer in Test. In this role you will be responsible for quality assurance of LEAP, our quantum cloud service, and you will carry out periodic software quality assurance activities to ensure the timely delivery of the software to our customers.
The successful Junior SDET candidate will have the amazing opportunity to collaborate with our various teams of software developers and research scientists, working on the entire development process through technical requirements review, development, and implementation. At D-Wave you will have the freedom to think independently and creatively in the team, and make a real impact.
In this role you will:
- Create test plans and test cases
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts in collaboration with the development team
- Assist in manual and automated testing
- Review user workflows to design end to end regression and user acceptance tests
- Monitor and track resolution of defects
You will bring to this role:
- A degree or higher in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering.
- 1+ years’ experience in test/quality assurance or software development roles (internship experience counts)
- Software or test script development experience in any programming language, preferably Python
- A methodical approach and a good eye for detail.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, collaborative team
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Aptitude towards designing and architecting high quality, reliable software test assets including test design, approach, scripts and bugs
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience with both manual and automated testing
- Experience with Jenkins and containerization (Docker)
- Experience as a DevOps, working with CI/CD
D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.