Lead Software Developer
Exciting new technologies such as autonomous vehicles and intelligent robotics in space and medical devices predict an exciting future! Underlying these new technologies is increasingly complicated and connected software, often involving AI and machine learning. How can innovators be sure their technology works only as intended?
Critical Systems Labs Inc. (CSL) works to find problems before the technology is launched and can cause harm. We are a collaborative team of bright and creative people, internationally recognized for our expertise in the management of safety risk and security vulnerabilities associated with complex software intensive systems. We work on technically advanced projects in aerospace, automotive, energy, defense, marine navigation, medical technologies and rail signaling.
In the Lead Software Developer role, you will have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the design, implementation, and deployment of our products. You will work collaboratively with our product development team and contribute to the development of advanced software tools to support the analysis of safety critical systems for use in the aerospace, rail, medical, and automotive industries. The ability to interact effectively and inspire a team of developers and stakeholders and guide the software design effort is essential to this role. This is a full-time permanent position.
- Design, develop, test and maintain software products
- Define, establish and support software development activities and processes
- Research, learn and then apply new tools and frameworks
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers
- Interact with a team of developers and stakeholders
Qualifications you bring to this job
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Software or Computer Engineering or similar with emphasis on software development
- Experience with the following would be very helpful
- using database systems (e.g., MySQL)
- developing desktop or web applications
- the Git revision control system
- continuous integration and build systems (e.g., Apache Maven, GitLab)
- developing tests and writing test code (e.g., unit testing, integration testing)
- algorithms and data structures
- producing high quality technical documents/reports/user manuals
- Model-View-Controller frameworks (e.g., JavaFX or Angular)
- user interface design principles
Skills and attributes
- Proven ability to be a valuable contributor in a disciplined software development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to self manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to inspire a team
- Genuine interest in learning new engineering processes and principals and creatively applying them
What CSL offers
CSL has a very positive work culture. We value diversity, inclusion and collaboration, and we are proud to offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package and paid vacation. We are currently working remotely, but we also have an accessible office in downtown Vancouver.
Think you would be perfect for this position?
If you would like to be part of a clever and creative team, solving challenging problems, we look forward to hearing from you. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject heading "Application – Lead Software Developer”.
CSL will review all applications and we greatly appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for this position, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.