Machine Learning Researcher Fall Internship
Fall 2021 Internships
About Borealis AI
Borealis AI is an AI and Machine Learning Research Institute backed by Royal Bank of Canada. Comprised of top AI researchers and engineers and motivated by the pursuit of solving intelligence, Borealis AI is advancing machine learning science, while building leading products for financial services. With 40+ scientific publications in top-tier academic venues, the institute performs research in areas, such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, language processing, AI safety, and more. Borealis AI was founded in 2016 and has over 100 team-members across its four labs in Canada.
Our internships are currently running virtually. Interns support research on a wide variety of theoretical and applied machine learning projects. Working at Borealis AI will grant you unique access to massive structured and unstructured datasets with the tools and resources necessary to build game-changing statistical models. Being part of our team means you’ll have the opportunity to publish original research in peer-reviewed academic conferences, such as NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, CVPR. And you’ll be working with some of the brightest minds in AI.
Internship opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Deep Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Graphs and Optimization
- Unsupervised and Semi-supervised Learning
- Bayesian Optimization
- Privacy and Fairness
- Interpretability and Explainability
- Time Series Forecasting
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
You’re our ideal candidate if you have:
- Ability to implement state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
- High motivation to solve challenging research problems
- Passion for data, algorithms, and statistics
- Experience working towards a PhD or already hold an MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or another mathematically related field (e.g., Physics, Math, Statistics, etc.)
- Previous publications at a top-tier AI conference
- Experience with writing modular, robust, scalable software in Python
- Familiarity with the Unix command line and bash scripting
- Proficiency with deep learning packages, such as Tensorflow, Keras, and PyTorch
- A deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
Internship duration: 4 months (September – December 2021).
Application deadline: May 4, 2021.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Statement:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
How to apply:
Complete the online application and submit your resume at: https://www.borealisai.com/ en/applications/internship-application
For any questions and enquiries, please contact: email@example.com.