Imperva is a leading cybersecurity provider delivering best-in-class solutions to protect data and applications wherever they reside – on-premises, in the cloud, and across hybrid environments.
Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs, and service providers who rely on Imperva Incapsula to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
If you are curious about how companies protect their customers’ personal data, we want to hear from you! We are looking for an experienced Python engineer to join our expanding Data Privacy team in Vancouver, BC. We’re increasing support for newer databases and non-traditional data sources, leveraging machine learning to detect personal data, building intuitive application integrations and reporting capabilities, and improving our clients’ visibility of their data.
As a Python engineer, you will use your knowledge of software engineering concepts to design reusable and modular code. You will work in a scrum team comprised of multiple disciplines. And regularly collaborate with other teams and stakeholders, throughout the development process. You will participate in project sizing and design, feature development, peer reviews and auxiliary application testing. And readily give and receive help, upskilling yourself and the team while delivering against business requirements.
- You like to take on challenges and learn and adopt new technologies quickly
- You are a motivated team-player who works well in a highly-collaborative, agile environment.
- You are an effective communicator who works well with cross-functional teams and across management levels
- You are talented, reliable and thrive in a dynamic team environment
- You take ownership and pride in your work
- You are passionate about delivering solutions leveraging the best technology and software practices for our customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- 3+ years professional experience as a Python engineer
- Experience working with databases & with large datasets
- Experience with distributed systems and n-tier architecture
- Experience with object-oriented programming and unit testing
- Familiarity building scalable, performant, fault-tolerant systems
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Knowledge of machine learning principals and experience developing and deploying machine learning solutions
- Familiarity with Python data science/machine learning packages (e.g., scikit-learn, pandas, xgboost, numpy, scipy)
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins, Github Actions, Buildbot etc.
- Experience working with Linux operating system
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business.