How’d you like to join the team that broke the Ethereum blockchain with cute kitties? Dapper Labs, the creators of CryptoKitties, is looking for a full-time QA Engineer to help us guarantee the excellence of our next generation of blockchain collectible and gaming products for world renowned brands like the NBA and Dr. Seuss.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties and the Flow blockchain as well as upcoming titles like NBA Top Shot. Founded in 2018, Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to bring new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world. Blockchain-enabled applications can bring fans closer with the brands they love, give people a real stake in the communities they contribute to, and create new ways for consumers to become creators themselves. Publicly-announced Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, and UFC. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
What you will help us accomplish:
- Analyze our acceptance criteria and software specification to create detailed tests plans.
- Work with our product and engineering team to collect criteria to keep the test cases up to date.
- Identify edge cases in our implementation through thorough black box testing.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities between different product teams.
- Find, record, document and track issues.
- Perform regression testing to verify issue resolution.
A little about you:
- You are capable of applying your skills across a variety of use cases; inflexible specialists need not apply.
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- You have a passion for finding bugs and pointing them out to the development teams.
- You have 2 years or more of experience performing manual software testing and a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes. Experience with automated testing of web applications is a plus.
- You are familiar with basic API interactions, writing simple SQL queries and understanding the basics of front-end and back-end web development technologies.
- You will blow us away if you have knowledge of blockchain technologies.
More about Dapper Labs:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!