RACE21™ Artificial Intelligence Co-op
With a strong history of innovation for over 100+ years, we are Canada’s largest diversified natural resource company looking to embark on our next chapter. Teck hires more than 150 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations.
Being part of the RACE21™ team, you’ll be leading the charge of a company-wide renewal of technology and infrastructure, a high-tech transformation of mining, into the next generation.
With the financial backing and commitment from our leadership, we envision a fully integrated, agile, digital platform that will:
• Renew, Automate, and Connect material, processes, equipment flows, and data systems to expand and enable a broad application of advanced analytics, robotics, and artificial intelligence
• Empower our employees by investing in digital skills and capabilities to enhance creativity and innovation – increasing sustainability, safety, and performance in real time, unlocking resource base knowledge and improving planning for optimal resource extraction.
We are world-class leaders in sustainability and safety and we are building a better world for the next generation with lasting competitive advantages, from 2021 and beyond.
As part of the collaborative RACE21™ team, you will gain a systems level perspective in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. Further, you will also have an opportunity to advance your skills and knowledge in cutting-edge software and distributed systems, and perform analytics on real-time data.
- Assist the team with the setup of recommendation systems and autonomous programs.
- Provide support to the RACE21™ team’s projects including machine learning, computer vision, object detection & localization, and multi-modal learning.
- Conduct research and help with the development of machine learning algorithms for pattern detection in real time.
- Run experiments to measure algorithms’ effectiveness and performance.
- Write documentation and tests for code.
- Track and help process a large amount of unstructured data while proving timely updates to the team.
- Working towards an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or other related disciplines.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Entry-level experience with state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence applications and protocols (nice to have but not required).
- Experience in Python programming language.
- Willing to work in a team environment following the Agile software development process.
- Comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous work experience, co-op programs or internships are considered an asset but are not required.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a growing, dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.