Tellext is a Canadian company dedicated to improving the quality of human lives by designing and commercializing innovative robotics solutions. Our vision is to build a company based on the core values of excellence, integrity, innovation, clarity and accountability. We believe in work-life balance and our team is built with individuals who live and breathe this culture. They are the foundation of Tellext and together, we are working towards building solutions to do more with less.
Tellext is currently hiring a full-time, permanent position for an individual with experience in robotics software to fulfill a key role in our growing company. We are looking for ambitious individuals who have a passion for robotics and is eager to learn and help the team deliver autonomous robots. This position will provide you with an exciting opportunity to work as part of an ambitious and growing team, allow you to work with state of the art robotic hardware and software.
- To work closely with the Engineering team for design, code, test, documentation, and maintenance of robotics application.
- Write clean and readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize work and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Creating and developing path/motion planning algorithms
- Developing SLAM algorithms in the simulation environment and testing on the real robot
- Designing and executing tests based on product requirements and known customer scenarios
- Implementing unit tests for algorithmic components of a robotics system (eg. SLAM, planner, etc.)
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience with Robotic Operating System (ROS), ROS navigation stack, and Linux
- Experience with OpenCV, PCL and OpenGL
- Experience with common communication protocols (SPI, UART, I2C, CAN, TCP/IP)
- Experience with sensor fusion and sensor uncertainty
- Experience with graphics, and simulation framework including Gazebo, Unreal Engine, Unity, and OpenGL
- Experience with various sensing technologies - (stereo cameras, LiDARs, etc)
- Experienced object-oriented programmer using C++ or python
- Ability to write readable and well-structured code
- Understanding of source control (GIT) and build systems (CMAKE and Catkin)
- Experience with deploying and testing ROS software in physical robots.
- Working in Scrum Agile environment
Nice to have:
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience with Docker
- Self-motivated and self-directed critical thinker with strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Strong attention to details, ability to organize information, learn complex technologies, and explain concepts and instructions clearly and concisely in person, in email, and over the phone.
- Work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team, please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.