At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
ICBC has an exciting opportunity for a Security Architect with experience in cybersecurity solutions consulting, design, and delivery. This position will drive the IT Security roadmap in accordance with business needs and enterprise technology initiatives. We are looking for a cybersecurity expert who can strengthen and mature ICBC's IT security posture by protecting critical information and assets, both on premises and in the cloud.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Security, this role provides leadership for ICBC’s IT security practice. You are a continuous learner with knowledge of best practices, emerging trends, and changes in the cybersecurity domain. With excellent communication and leadership skills, you will build business relationships, consult on security requirements, and present technical information appropriately to different target audiences. You will ensure solutions are implemented in a manner that complies with IT Security policies and standards.
Key accountabilities include:
• Showing leadership in development and delivery of the IT security roadmap
• Collaborating with Enterprise Architecture, Information Risk Management, and solutions design specialists to develop strategies, roadmaps, standards, guidelines, and designs
• Consulting with IT and business stakeholders to provide cybersecurity subject matter expertise
• Designing and reviewing security solutions for applications and infrastructure
• Ensuring operational practices comply with security policies and standards
• Making recommendations on security controls and documenting security architecture decisions
• Researching and developing security architecture designs for business technology initiatives
• Guiding project, development, and other multi-disciplinary teams to embed IT security as part of the design lifecycle
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional designation (CISSP) or equivalent security certification
• Minimum 5 years experience in IT security with expertise in infrastructure and/or application security
• Cloud security expertise with CASB, SASE, and zero trust o Experience with Microsoft Azure will be considered an asset
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with:
o End-to-end IT security solutions design
o IT security planning and project management
o Analysis, research and delivery of IT security practices and standards
o Consultation, facilitation, and communications to key stakeholders from different areas, including the ability to articulate complex concepts, business problems, and technical solutions to broad range of audiences
• Project management skills will be considered an asset
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.