Senior Consultant, Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
KPMG LLP is the Canadian member firm of KPMG and has offices in 33 locations across Canada. The firm's more than 700 partners and 5,600 employees provide crucial services to many of the public and private business, not-for profit, and public-sector organizations in Canada.
Our Vancouver Risk Consulting practice is growing, and we require a Senior Consultant with a strong internal audit, risk and compliance background to join our dynamic Risk Consulting practice. Successful candidates will assist with and/or perform planning, execution, and report development on client engagements, working both as part of larger engagement teams and individually with guidance and review from more senior professionals.
What you will do
- Participate in developing, implementing and executing internal audit plans.
- Assist in the planning and execution of risk, control, and compliance advisory and assurance activities for internal audit, internal control, enterprise risk management, and regulatory compliance programs.
- Support the development, documentation, and assessment of objectives, risks, controls, organizations, business processes, systems, reports, and projects/programs across a wide variety of environments.
- Provide readiness assessments and progress monitoring on projects/programs/activities.
- Communicate (written and verbal) findings and recommendations to clients, including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of advisory and assurance reports, analysis, and related deliverables for internal audit, internal control, risk management, and compliance programs.
- Provide technical expertise to support other services.
- Contribute to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, HR initiatives, and practice management activities.
What you bring to this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or other relevant program.
- Relevant accounting/audit designation(s) (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA) are strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in audit and/or relevant consulting experience is desirable, particularly external audit, internal audit, and/or evaluation of internal controls.
- Aspiration to pursue further relevant education and designations (e.g. CRMA, PMP).
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task, and cope with changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional maturity, and demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Canada and internationally.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this Video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.
*At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.