Senior Consultant, Technology Risk Consulting
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Our value is in applying and integrating our wide range of technology, business, advisory, assurance, and risk management expertise to specific business and management problems.
KPMG’s Technology Risk Consulting (TRC) services assist our clients to effectively identify, evaluate, and manage the broad range of opportunities, risks, controls, and compliance requirements associated with their use of and reliance on technology-enabled processes, services and solutions, whether developed and operated in-house or provided by third parties, in order to build trust internally and with their stakeholders. KPMG TRC covers a broad range of IT advisory and assurance services including:
- Systems Assurance Services
- SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC for Supply Chain, ISO 27001, ISO 27701
- Cyber Security and Privacy Services
- IT Internal/External Audit Services
- Business Systems Controls Services
- Technology Project Advisory and Assurance Services
- Business Resilience Services
- Technology Governance, Risk & Compliance Services
- Emerging Technologies (e.g. crypto assets, blockchain, IoT, ethical A.I.)
What you will do
- Assist with the development and execution of engagement and project plans
- Contribute on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity across multiple industry sectors and technology environments
- Work with leaders in the areas of IT assurance and emerging technology risk
- Assessment of IT governance, risks and controls (e.g. IT planning and organization, IT projects especially in an “agile” environment, business process and application controls, general controls, system implementations, data conversion)
- Planning and completing project tasks including collecting, testing and analyzing information; documenting and evaluating IT processes, controls, policies, strategies; and supervising and reviewing work of junior staff
- Discussing findings and recommendations with client personnel and developing reports and deliverables
- Active involvement in the business community and developing relationships with clients to increase awareness of the firm's services
- Identifying and assisting in pursuits including developing marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research
- Coaching, training and development of junior staff
- Assisting with the management, development and growth of the practice
- Learn new skills and emerging technologies and topics
What you bring to this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or another relevant program
- Audit and/or IT audit/assurance designation(s) (e.g. CISA, CPA, CIA) strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years combined relevant experience in internal/external audit, consulting, and/or industry (e.g. risk management or internal control, IT, project management, system implementation, finance, accounting)
- Desire to work toward further relevant education/designations (i.e. PMP, CISSP, CRISC)
- Knowledge and experience with technology that supports governance, risk & controls (GRC) initiatives and processes
- Ability to identify and evaluate risks – you are strategic/operational and understand financial reporting, compliance, audit risk and it’s IT components
- Experience auditing, assessing or implementing emerging technologies and streamlining IT internal audit processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for being able to clearly communicate issues and solutions at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues
- Strong business acumen, engagement, and project management skills
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task and cope with changing priorities
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.