Senior Data Architect
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
The Senior Data Architect will join the Information Management Claims and Central Services team and focus on development Data and Analytics solutions, working closely with business partners and stakeholders to meet their decision-support requirements.
This role will work with the Claims, Material Damage and SIU Division to support analytics and enable the business to make data-driven decisions. We use StreamSets, Scala, Spark, SQL for data profiling, analysis, management and Tableau to create self-service dashboards.
Accountabilities will include:
• Develop database and big data solutions by designing data architectures, including business architecture definition, data storage, data analytics, data transformation, and data access
• Provide delivery leadership in the design, development and deployment of complex enterprise data solutions
• Responsible for creation, comprehensive understanding, maintenance and communication of logical and physical data models
• Work closely with data engineers to design scalable data solutions
• Support advanced business analytics and statistically-based data analysis projects to drive business value
• Responsible for creation and communication of data architecture standards and best practices, and data movement and mapping design
• Establish and participate in data management processes including data lineage, data profiling, data quality management, data stewardship and governance
• Stay up to date on data modeling trends
• Support business partners and customers in developing strategic roadmap
To make an immediate contribution, the Sr. Data Architect will bring the following skills:
• Solid experience in software development specifically in data & analytics solutions
• Strong SQL and Analytic skills with experience in large and complex datasets
• Excellent understanding of data ingestion, data storage, data processing and data management
• Working knowledge in ETL by delivering large-scale data warehouses, data marts or data lakes in Hadoop, Oracle, IBM, Teradata and/or similar technology
• Solid Experience with data profiling , data analysis and data quality
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
• Basic understanding of Claims and Material Damage
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to constructively resolve conflict, manage expectations for competing priorities, and drive towards business goals.
Preferred additional skills:
• Knowledge in Guidewire Claim Center tool
• Experience in Data Engineering (Spark SQL, Scala, Python), PL/SQL and Scheduling tools like Control-M
• Experience with Data Governance
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.