Senior Data Architect
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
The Senior Data Architect will join the Information Management team and provide technical leadership in the design, development, and implementation of enterprise data and analytics solutions for Finance and Corporate Actuarial users.
Accountabilities will include:
• Develop database and big data solutions by designing data architectures, including business architecture definition, data storage, data analytics, data transformation, and data access;
• Provide technical leadership and partner with Business Analysts to gather requirements and translate business needs into solution design;
• Responsible for creation, comprehensive understanding, maintenance and communication of logical and physical data models;
• Effective collaboration with data engineers to design scalable and user-friendly solutions;
• Oversee implementation of business solutions and ensure adherence to standards and best practices;
• Be the subject matter expert in data sources, reporting workflows, business process, and data analysis tools and methodology;
• Establish data management processes including data lineage, data profiling, data quality management, data stewardship and governance.
To make an immediate contribution, the Sr. Data Architect will bring the following skills:
• Proficient in data architecture design and methodologies;
• Advanced SQL and Analytical skills with experience in large and complex datasets;
• Expertise in data ingestion, data storage, data processing, and data management best practices;
• Extensive experience leading projects/teams to implement enterprise data warehouses, data marts, or data lakes;
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
• Ability to effectively plan and prioritize and complete multiple concurrent tasks in an environment of changing deadlines, priorities and requirements;
• Experience in Agile development methodologies;
• Working knowledge with systems such as Guidewire Claim Center and Policy Center, SAP Finance, IBM, Oracle, Control-M, and JIRA would be an asset;
• Experience in Data Engineering tools such as Spark SQL, Scala, or Python and visualization tools like Tableau is a plus.
Salary range for this role $95,338 - $119,173 plus comprehensive benefits and hybrid work.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.