About the job
Careteam Technologies - Senior Developer
**NOTE: We need to immediately hire 3 senior developers right now**
At Careteam, our mission is to use technologies to build the future of healthcare, and make the lives of patients, families and clinicians much better. We're a group of experienced and passionate people focused on a massive opportunity, and our award-winning fast-growing company is already considered one of the most promising global digital health startups (UCSF 2020 Digital Health Awards Top 100, 2020 Ready to Rocket - Emerging Rocket, 2018 Canadian Medical Association Joule Innovation Award, Creative Destruction Lab alumni, Startup Health Transformer).
Please read on if you are
- are a dynamic and talented software developer who loves innovation, and figuring out how to best apply cloud-based technologies like voice, machine learning, predictive analytics and workflow engines to real world problems
- are passionate to solve challenging problems that will make a huge difference in people’s lives who are suffering from chronic or complex health conditions.
Our small team is growing fast and your career trajectory is only limited by your own initiative.
Please apply if you have a passion for healthcare, technology, being the best, and meet some of our requirements listed below.
Who we are
At Careteam Technologies Inc., we are innovation focused and believe that technology has the power to accelerate the evolution of healthcare. We want to improve the care outcomes, experiences and costs worldwide for patients, families, clinicians and decision makers. We work with health organizations to make this digital transformation real, using our deep healthcare, technology, business and change management expertise.
Our powerful, flexible and easy to use digital platform that enables patient centered care collaboration for patients with complex, chronic diseases across different health conditions and contexts (hospital, clinic, community and home), reducing the fragmentation of care.
Careteam was started in Vancouver and operates in the Canadian, US, and UK markets.
Who we need
We are seeking a talented, ambitious, and team oriented individual to join us as a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer.
We are looking for self-motivated developers who love to code, have an extraordinary level of curiosity and are motivated to solve real-world problems. We are looking for people who are constantly seeking to learn and develop their skills and find simple ways to solve difficult problems. We are looking for people who are disciplined and self-reliant but prefer to work in teams.
You will work on an agile development team and will be responsible for all aspects of the design, development, and maintenance of the Careteam platform as we scale up our team to meet customer demand. This position has growth opportunities as our company continues to grow.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent daily communication, responsiveness and teamwork skills
- An undeniably positive attitude, dedication, curiosity
- Commitment to life-long learning and taking on challenges
- Motivated by impact and results
- Driven and able to work as a strong member of a strong team
- Ability to lead and mentor junior members of the team
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep experience with Ruby, RAILS, React, NodeJS in the cloud
- Experience with CI/CD
- Expert Skill with SQL databases
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS and GCP
- Experience building and deploying micro-service architectures
- Experience integrating UX designs into frontend apps
- Experience integrating 3rd Party API’s
- Experience with GraphQL API’s
- Knowledge of AI/ML
- Knowledge of NLP/ NLU/ NLG
- Knowledge of Conversational interfaces
- Building and consuming APIs and integrating with other third party products
- Experience in the patient/ provider healthcare domain would also be a bonus!
What we offer
- Work remotely because of COVID and afterwords, work from home Wednesdays
- A fast moving, lean startup environment with ambitious goals
- An engaging and challenging opportunity to have impact at scale
- Competitive compensation including stock options and extended medical benefits
- A highly experienced team of coworkers with a great reputation in the hi-tech and healthcare communities
- A great office in the center of Vancouver’s downtown with full gym access including amazing city view - we even have free towel service
- Casual and fun team environment with lots of social events
Careteam Technologies Inc. is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include in the cover email a sentence about one of your favorite books or movies. We look forward to hearing from you!
*Please note: If you don’t fit the exact requirements, but feel you are a good fit for the role, we would like to hear from you!