Senior Electrical Engineer
A&K Robotics develops self-driving vehicles that will change how we move and interact with our world. We see the future with unique eyes and we are looking for someone to join us in our vision to push the boundaries of robotics and seek real-world applications for new technologies.
ABOUT THE JOB
We have ambitious goals to change the world and do cool things, and we are looking for an experienced electrical/embedded engineer who is passionate about making good robots. This role will focus on autonomous vehicle hardware systems design and engineering. Tasks will range from PCB design, circuit analysis and troubleshooting, implementing serial and CAN bus communication, firmware programming, DC motor control, utilizing power supplies, mechanical design, all with emphasis on clear communication. The successful candidate will help us develop and test new products, scale up assembly of existing products, and occasionally “show off” achievements to our stakeholders.
The job perks include:
- Be where the action is: Your work will directly impact our products and customers
- Great teamwork: We value everyone’s input and no idea is too small or too big to consider
- Medical benefits, gym access and office perks like healthy snacks
- Possible ground floor stock options in a growing company
- No politics
- Awesome central Vancouver location and great mountain views from the office
You see the potential for robotics to change the world and want to be a part of the action. You want to apply robotics to practical, real-world problems, at a company that encourages and values dreaming big, being creative and having fun. You have the ability to work in fast-paced environments, with a close-knit and collaborative team that is highly interactive and result-driven. You are a good listener and respect others’ opinions. You get excited about creating new things and are not afraid of the challenges faced when building something from scratch. You are hard-working, a self-starter, and value diverse perspectives.
- Excellent communication skills, report writing, documentation skills
- Excellent understanding of the development process from specification and prototyping to documentation and quality assurance
- Successfully graduated with a technology diploma or technical degree
- Able to work as part of a diverse team, while also being able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- 2+ years experience with PCB design, testing and prototyping, including an excellent grasp of electronic components, soldering and circuit design
- Have used Kicad or Altium software in a professional capacity
- Proficient in C programming language and firmware programming in general
- Proficiency with troubleshooting wiring and circuit boards
- Experience with automotive or 24V DC electrical systems and wiring harnesses would be preferred
- Hands on experience in electrical and mechanical prototyping
- Proficiency in CAD software such as Fusion 360 or Solidworks
- Motor driver design and motion control
- Experience of successfully scaling up hardware products productions
- Experience using Git version control
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Electrical and mechanical system design and manufacturing
- Embedded systems software design
- Parts sourcing and specification
- Assist and participate in the testing activities of our robotic platform in lab and on-site
- Communicate and collaborate with other software and hardware engineers, through sketches, block diagrams, flow charts, and technical writing
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to develop project execution plans and schedules
- Maintain clear and accurate documentation of developments, experiments, purchases, etc.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of all details, plans, strategies and communications relating to our technical, trade secret and business information
- Able to occasionally travel domestically and internationally, including to the U.S.