Senior / Lead Frontend Engineer (React)
Senior / Lead Frontend Engineer (React)
We're looking for a Frontend Engineer to work with us on NBA Top Shot as we build a bridge between blockchain and gaming. NBA Top Shot is a blockchain-powered digital collectible web experience built on cutting-edge tech; we're currently using tools like Vercel, Next.js, GraphQL, Styled-components, WebGL, and Flow. We don't shy away from new patterns and techniques and encourage exploration and innovation in all parts of the process—from ideation to delivery. We're releasing at a high cadence to an eager, excited, and global user-base. Together we'll ship high-impact features as we define a new space in blockchain gaming.
What We’ll Accomplish Together:
- Make every user interaction with our product a delightful and polished experience.
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features.
- Lead and define new patterns and standards that improve our output as a team.
- Adopt best practices in software development and refine our workflows.
- Ship features with users in mind and strive to provide them with a great experience.
- Identify areas where our technical stack can be improved, prioritize them with the team, and contribute to their implementation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Expert level knowledge of modern SPA development.
- Expertise with modern CSS.
- Has experience scaling and optimizing the performance of web applications.
- Has a good eye for design and a solid understanding of user experience principles.
- Has experience shipping high-quality code in a fast-paced environment.
- Has great communication skills; works well with others to make the product better every day.
- Can collaborate with marketing, product, and design to move the product forward.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience with blockchain technologies.
- Experience working with Go.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
More about Dapper Labs:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!