Senior Python Application Developer
D-Wave Systems is looking for a Senior Application developer to deliver applications for our customers as part of the internal Application Development and Tools Team. You will build upon successful projects to develop industry-leading applications running on D-Wave’s advanced quantum systems. You will have the chance to learn about D-Wave’s application environment and work with internal teams and customers to build applications for market launch. This is an exciting opportunity to work with industry-leading customers and partners, and to build applications for the most advanced quantum computer in the world.
About the team:
ADTT's mandate is solving real world problems with hybrid and quantum computing. To that end, we have three areas of interest: applications, hybrid algorithms and open source tools. For applications, we partner with customers to develop novel ways to use quantum resources to solve their problems. The hybrid algorithms combine quantum and classical resources to get state of the art results. The open source tools are used to write the applications and hybrid solvers. We have folks on the team with backgrounds in electrical engineering, math, physics, comp sci, operations engineering. We work closely with the processor development and processor research teams. We value communication, transparency and solving hard problems.
What you will do:
· Build applications on the D-Wave quantum computer and internal tools
· Ensure successful delivery of projects to achieve business value for customers
What skills are required:
- 8+ years professional experience with Python (including NumPy or Cython). C/C++ or similar programming languages an extra bonus!
- Strong knowledge of probability, statistics and/or math
- Experience with a version control software such as Git
- Experience implementing complex algorithms
- Experience working in many industries, learning new domains fast, and adding value fast
- Experience building open source applications to solve complex problems for customers or for market release
- Experience in an external customer-facing role
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated creativity in approaching new problems
- Strong organizational skills
- Collaborative mindset and solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible, and passionate about learning
- Passion for writing state-of-the-art, clean code
- Professional experience in open source environment
Bonus points for:
- Industrial Optimization experience
- Solving practical problems with quantum computing
- Consulting background, as a consultant at a top-tier global consulting company
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest approaches in heuristic and complete methods for discrete optimization
- Knowledge of graph theory
This role ideally will be based in Bellevue, WA or can be 100% remote from other locations in the US (100% for all locations during the COVID pandemic). Must be legally able to work in the US without sponsorship and based in the US currently. Ability to obtain US Federal security clearance is preferred.
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status , or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.
This business uses E-Verify in its U.S. hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, Leap, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer (currently Advantage at 5000+ Qubits) and a full suite of open-source programming tools (Ocean). The D-Wave quantum computer can sample from probability distributions and optimize functions that are computationally intractable using classical hardware.
With over 110 U.S. patents granted to us, D-Wave is paving the way in Quantum Computing. D-Wave has over 250 applications written to our system and over 70 peer reviewed papers, a list of which can be found on our website at: http://www.dwavesys.com/resources/publications.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone that thrives on making an impact not only with those they support, but through the company they are a part of.