Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - AI-Based Conversational Banking | FinTech (Vancouver)
Join an exciting enterprise SaaS fintech startup that is using artificial intelligence to change how consumers interact with banks and credit unions.
Finn AI is a rapidly-growing cloud based SaaS company specializing in providing virtual assistants to banks and credit unions to improve service quality, acquire customers and help consumers manage their money. Working with banks across four continents, including some of the world’s largest brands, our Conversational Banking product is changing how people interact with banks (i.e., their money).
Leveraging our proprietary AI stack for natural language understanding and the richest banking domain data model and library of pre-built use cases in the industry, we are uniquely positioned to help banks and credit unions evolve their default experience to a smart virtual personal banker.
To learn more visit www.finn.ai or follow us on LinkedIn.
Finn AI is a market leader in an early and rapidly growing market. Our solution helps consumers ‘chat’ to their bank, whenever and wherever they want, simplifying the experience, extending service 24/7 and driving efficiency.
We have a strong cohort of customers including BMO, ATB Financial, KOHO, Tyme Bank, Banpro, Fidor Bank and more -- alongside partners including Visa, Liveperson, MX.com, Temenos and more. Finn AI was named a Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’ in 2018.
Finn AI is a well-funded series-A startup with a fully agile product development methodology. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our web application development team, to design, develop and operate our award-winning conversational AI applications for the banking industry.
If you are a rock-star developer in Node.js, this is the job for you. The application team mainly uses Node.js along with the latest technologies to implement full-stack web applications. There are endless learning opportunities at Finn AI, and we are not afraid to change what we have if we can make a bigger impact.
You will also be part of the architecture group. You will be a significant contributor to the design and architecture of the system as a whole, get to know all areas of our technology, design and implement the tech-stack. You will have the freedom to introduce your cool ideas and contribute to the company's bottom line directly by increased efficiency, improved quality, and reduced cost.
As a senior member of the team, you will also be asked to mentor other members. You earn their trust and respect, and people look up to you. There are not a lot of layers in a startup like us, so it’s very easy for people to get to know each other and help others out.
So if you love to work in an agile environment, can take care of the business from design to deployment, and want to see your product delight users, you will find yourself right at home here.
- Perform end to end engineering of Finn.ai proprietary chatbot and other business applications, from design, develop, test, release, deploy, upgrade and production
- Own the technical design and implementation of specific product areas.
- Perform code reviews for other team members.
- When required, participate in production support, including deployment, training, setting up and incident response, in a timely fashion
- Contribute to automation tools to aid development, testing and delivery of customer and product requirements
- Work with the team to drive timely execution of project and sprints, including estimates, status update and reviews
- Strive to be full-stack developers, capable of contributing to backend, frontend, database, configuration, automation and infrastructure
- Collaborate with other engineers, content experts, and UX designers to develop features consistent with our code philosophy and architecture
- Uphold the quality of the product or features, including unit test, functional test, integration, performance, security and scalability
- Understand and contribute to company best practices for code quality and velocity
- Actively participate in architecture design and decisions, communicate significance/impact of a solution with management
- Produce documentation on code, system design, architecture and solutions
- Produce external-facing quality documents on design, user guides and API documentation
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering, development, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of software engineering industry experience, at least 2 years as a senior software engineer
- Great team player contributing to create good team culture
- Strong Experience with Node.js, React, Express, Python, Postgres, and other related technologies
- Strong experience with Docker, K8s, and AWS
- Strong experience with REST APIs design and implementation
- Strong experience with web application security principles and practices
- Strong experience in web application performance and scalability
- Strong experience in agile methodologies, processes and code repository management
- Strong experience in good software engineering practices, design patterns and common systems architecture
- Good experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins
- Ability to define problems and challenges to address as well as experiments to perform
- Ability to conduct research and analysis, clearly identify and communicate findings and recommendations
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills to document and present your ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiar with software engineering related technical documentation conventions, formats and terminologies
- Bonus: Experience with messaging apps, including web and mobile apps, especially creating frontend SDKs for mobile and web applications
- Bonus: Experience with chatbot and messaging servers such as FB, Whatsapp
We are hiring directly or through personal networks and will not accept recruiter referrals.
- Competitive compensation rates and vacation time
- Stock options in a fast-growing company
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Parental Leave
- Flexible working hours, a collaborative, team-based environment
- Team events and celebrations
*To meet our compliance obligations we require successful candidates to undergo security screenings including a criminal record check before coming on board. We focus strictly on offences that are directly relevant to employment at Finn AI, and abide by all applicable human rights and privacy legislation.