Senior Software Support Specialist (Tier 3 or Tier 4) Canada- East Coast Based
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services, is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers, and the only company developing both annealing quantum computers and gate-model quantum computers.
We are working to radically change what is possible with our quantum annealing systems (AdvantageTM) and our new gate-model quantum computing initiative. Our quantum hybrid approach solves real-world problems with up to a million variables, enabling companies to solve large, complex problems that have real commercial value. That's compelling in a market where other quantum approaches are years away.
To support our growth, D-Wave is seeking a proactive, passionate, and versatile professional to join our amazing Service & Support team. In this role, you will partner with our development teams to assist our global clientele as we continue to push our technology forward. You will be a go-to person for D-Wave’s customers using your excellent problem solving and communication abilities to support them in their quantum application development through our SaaS Leap platform. This is a unique opportunity to support the first generation of quantum developers!
The team you will be part of are smart and curious engineers and computer scientists who go above and beyond to help our external customers using our practical quantum computer. This also includes supporting our internal application and science teams as a part of the broader Service & Support team. Resolving problems will continuously challenge you, but you’ll have the support and knowledge of the whole company by your side as you grow in your role at D-Wave.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is looking to grow and help us in developing new capabilities that will allow us to continue to deliver excellent customer service to our clientele.
What you will do:
- Develop a broad knowledge base of D-Wave’s software tools to work on customer issues that cover the spectrum from low-level research to applications
- Triage, troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve customer support requests by working closely with our internal development and science teams
- Identify, define, and document internal technical procedures
- Contribute to cross functional projects and help foster collaboration between the support team and the various technical teams we work with
- You may be asked to work flexible hours during busy periods
- After a training period, you will be asked to join one of our on-call teams
- 8+ years of professional experience in an external, customer-facing, technical support role (a portion of which includes supporting Software, SaaS and/or Cloud services ideally)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, or relevant education combined with applicable work experience
- Excellent Python programming skills, with experience debugging someone else’s code
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Awesome problem-solving skills
- Proficiency and curiosity in at least one of the following: math, physics, engineering, or software development
Bonus! One or more of the following additional qualifications would be awesome but not necessary:
- Leading a team of engineers or customer support professionals
- SaaS and/or Cloud product support experience
Quantum experience/knowledge not required- we will train.
This role will be 100% remote. Candidates must be physically located in Canada in the Central or EST Time Zone.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual who thrives on making an impact not only with those they support, but through the company they are a part of. Join us today!
It is D-Wave Systems Inc. policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.