Senior Technical Specialist – Voice Technologies
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Collaboration Platforms has an opportunity for a Senior Technical Specialist. You will join a dynamic team delivering cutting edge voice solutions to ICBC. We are looking for someone who shares our keen interest in delivering high service levels to our voice platforms.
• Platform infrastructure design, build and implementation SIP based voice over IP technologies – end-to-end
• In-depth knowledge of SIP protocol with IP-Trunking
• Clear understanding: QoS, UDP, CODECS, TCP/IP, VoIP, MGCP, T.38, G.711
• In-depth experience
• Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
• Cisco Unified Call Manager
• Cisco Unity Connection
• Cisco Emergency Responder
• Experience with upgrading Cisco UC applications
• Experience with the Microsoft Teams Phone System with a focus on Direct Routing
• Experience with mixed telephony implementations: Cisco, Microsoft, Genesys
• Field experience leveraging protocol analyzers and packet capture analysis for Tier 3 level troubleshooting
• Knowledge of Expressway C & E, Jabber over MRA will be an asset
• Knowledge of AKIPS network monitoring software is an asset
• Understanding of Linux/Unix OS system administration and VMWare virtualization
• Maintain platform documentation for system builds, recovery procedures and daily operations
You will need to draw on your technical expertise with telephony systems to:
• Maintain existing voice environments and plan for future upgrades and enhancements.
• Leverage standard tools to monitor the environment to proactively address incidents in the production environment
• Provide Tier 3 problem resolution to quickly isolate failures between platforms in a complex environment – end-to-end.
• Contribute to departmental reporting obligations including capacity, usage, performance, and trend reporting, as required by the business
• Leverage automation and roles based administration to increase efficiency of platform services delivery
• Self-motivated – able to learn new technologies quickly
• Plan, design and deliver new solutions
• Perform and maintain upgrades to existing platforms and new technologies
• University degree
• Cisco certification – preferably CCIE Collaboration – minimum written
You have demonstrated strong people and project management skills including:
• Establish strategic contacts with individuals, who can be beneficial to the achievement of work goals
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to present technical information appropriate to the audience and facilitate discussion
• Excellent problem solving, analytic and organizational abilities.
• Clear customer focus
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.