Software Delivery Manager
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance
Within ICBC you'll find an innovative and stimulating environment. If you’re passionate about software development practices, helping organizations adopt new technologies and leading, defining and guiding them through to execution, then take this opportunity to learn more about ICBC and see how you can become a valuable part of our team.
As a Software Delivery Manager for the IS Insurance Applications, you will have the opportunity to manage a diverse portfolio. Primarily focused on leading an application development team through the inception, build and implementation cycles within Discipline Agile Framework and in the operational support of technology solutions to ensure alignment with ICBC Insurance business strategies and priorities.
• 3+ years of experience in managing software development team
• 5+ years of experience designing and implementing applications in enterprise environment
• 3 – 5 years in Agile software delivery.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
You are an insatiable learner and thoughtful people leader whose knowledge of best practices, emerging trends and changes will play a key part in your success in this role.
The role requires you to:
• Leading an agile delivery teams to optimize our investment in quality and deliver value to the business partners; responsible for delivering on projects, release items and maintenance activities within established implementation dates.
• Leading and building a high performance team.
• Pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions that scale both technologically and operationally.
• Consult, communicate, and collaborate with various teams, (IT, business & 3rd party vendors) to ensure seamless integration of new solutions with timely and quality deliverables, meeting or exceed performance levels for stable operations.
ICBC is a welcoming, equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.