Exciting new technologies such as autonomous vehicles and intelligent robotic technologies predict an exciting future! Underlying these new technologies is increasingly complicated and connected software, often involving AI and machine learning. How can innovators be sure their technology works only as intended?
Critical Systems Labs Inc. (CSL) works to find problems before the technology is launched and can cause harm. We are a collaborative team of bright and creative people, internationally recognized for our expertise in the management of safety risk and security vulnerabilities associated with complex software intensive systems. We work on technically advanced projects in aerospace, automotive, energy, defense, marine navigation, medical technologies and rail signaling.
As a Software Developer with CSL you will become part of our product development team and contribute to the development of advanced software tools to support the analysis of safety critical systems. You will help to translate the theoretical techniques from Computer Science into a polished product. Your role will also include the design and development of an effective GUI. You will work with our engineers to understand the function of the tools, the goals of users, and tasks and environments in which the tools will be used. This is a full-time position.
• Develop, test and maintain software products
• Support software development activities and processes
• Research, learn and then apply new tools and frameworks
• Perform code reviews
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Software Development, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar
• Prior experience developing software as part of a team
• Knowledge of object-oriented design principles
• Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git, SVN, etc.)
• Experience with a continuous integration and build system such as GitLab
• Knowledge of graphs, trees, search algorithms, satisfiability
• Experience writing test code (e.g., unit testing, system testing)
• Must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to produce high quality technical documents and reports
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
• Genuine interest in learning new engineering processes and principals
• Ability to interact cooperatively and effectively with a small a team of developers
What CSL offers you
CSL has a very positive work culture. We value diversity, inclusion and collaboration, and we are proud to offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package and paid vacation. We are currently working remotely but we also have an accessible office located in Waterfront Station, the central transit hub in downtown Vancouver. Secured indoor bike parking is available at our office.
Think you would be perfect for this position?
If you would like to be part of a clever and creative team, solving challenging problems, we look forward to hearing from you. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Application – Software Developer” in the subject line.
CSL will review all applications and we greatly appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for this position, but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.