Software Developer Engineer in Test (Automation / Python or Java)
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work, who are driven to ensure the success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual that thrives on making an impact not only with those they support, but through the company they are a part of.
D-Wave is the leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services and is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers. Our web service, LeapTM, is the only cloud service that delivers real-time access to a quantum computer and a full suite of open-source programming tools. Leap now has hybrid capabilities that combine the power of quantum and classical computers, analogous to the way a CPU works with a GPU, enabling the solution of very large problems. Software tools make programming easy, in languages like Python.
D-Wave’s customers have developed more than 200 early applications of our quantum system. With the combined capabilities of the next generation system, Advantage, and the recently introduced hybrid solvers, D-Wave’s customers will be able to deploy these capabilities to benefit their businesses.
The SDET (Automation) role:
D-Wave is seeking an experienced software quality professional to join our team here in British Columbia as a Software Developer Engineer in Test. In this role you’ll perform end-to-end testing and work closely with our development teams to grow our test coverage for Leap quantum cloud service and hybrid solvers. You’ll be responsible for defining and maintaining the quality standards of our new and existing features.
The health and safety of our candidates and employees are important to us. All of our candidates will be interviewed virtually and the successful candidate will be onboarded remotely during COVID-19.
In this role you will:
- Work with various software and hardware development teams to analyze requirements, design and implement test strategies
- Create test plans and test cases to support existing and new features
- Develop manual and automated tests to increase regression test coverage
- Track and quickly resolve bugs and design flaws before they make it to production
- Participate in Agile software development to support faster code integration and deployment
You will bring to this role:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 3+ years’ experience as a Software Developer Engineer in Test or Software Developer
- 3+ years of experience with testing tools and frameworks such as Selenium, JMeter
- Solid experience writing automated tests in Python, Java or other programming languages
- Strong understanding of build and test pipelines to support CI/CD
- Experience with version control system and command line tools
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to thrive in a dynamic cross-functional work environment
Bonus Qualifications - One or more of these additional qualifications would be awesome but not necessary:
- Experience with load and performance testing frameworks
- Experience with Jenkins and containerization (Docker)
D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.