Software Developer Lead
Critical Systems Labs Inc. (CSL) is a collaborative team of clever, bright and creative people, internationally recognized for our expertise in the management of safety risk and security vulnerabilities associated with complex software intensive systems.
In this Software Developer role, you will have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the design, implementation, and deployment of our products. You will work collaboratively with our product development team and contribute to the development of advanced software tools to support the analysis of safety critical systems for use in the aerospace, rail, medical, and automotive industries. The ability to interact effectively with a team of developers and stakeholders and guide the software design effort is essential to this role. This is a full-time position.
- Design, develop, test and maintain software products
- Define, establish and support software development activities and processes
- Research, learn and then apply new tools and frameworks
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers
- Interact with a team of developers and stakeholders
Qualifications you bring to this job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Computer Engineering or similar with emphasis on software development
- Experience with the following would be very helpful
- using database systems (e.g., MySQL)
- developing desktop or web applications
- the Git revision control system
- continuous integration and build systems (e.g., Apache Maven, GitLab)
- developing tests and writing test code (e.g., unit testing, integration testing)
- algorithms and data structures
- producing high quality technical documents/reports/user manuals
- Model-View-Controller frameworks (e.g., JavaFX or Angular)
- user interface design principles
Skills and attributes
- Proven ability to be a valuable contributor in a disciplined software development process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to self manage and inspire a team
What CSL offers
We value diversity and inclusion and we are proud to offer a competitive salary, generous benefits package and paid vacation. We are currently working remotely, loving it and finding fun ways to stay connected!
Think you would be perfect for this position?
If you are interested in a career with CSL working with great colleagues in an intellectually challenging environment, we look forward to hearing from you! Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject heading "Application – Software Developer Lead”. Applicants are invited to submit an example of written communication skills (e.g., a sample technical report, user manual or paper authored by the applicant).
Please note: We appreciate the interest of everyone who applies for this position, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.