Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work. Members of the Sanctuary team founded D-Wave (created the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot) and the Creative Destruction Lab (created in excess of $5B in shareholder value). The team has experience launching market defining innovations rooted in deep, unsolved scientific problems. The company is based in Vancouver, Canada.
We are seeking exceptional Software Engineers to work as part of a team developing a novel robotics simulation environment. In this role, you will work with teammates on architecting and delivering a full solution for the remote teleoperation of sophisticated humanoid robots and simulated training environments for both human pilots and AI agents.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work as part of a high performance team on architecting and delivering a simulated training environment for both human pilots and AI agents teleoperating robots
- Work as part of a high performance team on architecting and delivering a full solution for the remote teleoperation of a new kind of general purpose robot
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of programming experience using C++
- Experience with DirectX 11/12 and/or Vulkan
- Strong knowledge of 3D math and linear algebra
- Shipped successful AAA titles on PC or console
- Optional: experience with Rust programming
- You are highly competitive with a track record of success
- You are naturally optimistic and work well with both leadership and team members
- You are organized, learn quickly, attend to detail, and are excited by challenges
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary is a Vancouver, Canada based mission driven company. Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work.