Overview of Position
The Software Engineer is a key contributor to the success of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Medical Imaging team, the Enterprise Imaging Solutions business unit, and Change Healthcare (CHC). This individual with versatile software engineering skills will be responsible for the release of AI software toolkits. He/she will create software prototypes of AI-based medical imaging solutions and will participate in the integration of AI models into Change Healthcare next generation cloud medical imaging products. The Software engineer will also contribute to the development of the AI data pipeline, in particular the expansion of Change Healthcare image annotation capabilities.
The Enterprise Imaging AI team is responsible for creating AI enabled solutions, maintaining a culture of innovation with a startup mindset, and providing subject matter expertise for the benefit of Change Healthcare. While the AI Medical Imaging team has stakeholders throughout the business unit and Change Healthcare, it works most closely with academic and industrial partners, customers, subject matter experts, and those parts of the organization responsible for product conception, design and development, and testing. The Software Engineer will work with all stakeholders to fulfill Company’s business needs.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this position?
- Participate in the full software development life cycle from requirements analysis through test, release and maintenance
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Develop AI-based software prototypes leveraging Change Healthcare Enterprise Imaging platform
- Assist with product integration of AI solutions
- Develop web/UI applications for medical image annotation
- Assist with data collection efforts, in particular data extraction, transfer and de-identification
- Develop and manage tools and applications with database backend
- Assist with reporting and tracking of AI results
What are the minimum requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in agile software development
- 1+ year experience of developing and commercializing medical software applications
What are the critical skills required to have for this position?
- 5 years of experience in Python, Java, C++, and .NET framework
- 2 years with Web service API’s
- 2 years of software development experience for public cloud such as GCP or AWS
What are the additional skills and knowledge that would be beneficial for you to have in this role?
- Knowledge of DICOM and HL7 standards
- Experience of declarative languages such as XML, JSON, and YAML
- Experience in Linux/Unix and shell scripting
- Experience in Visual Studio on Windows
What are the soft skills you will need to possess for this role?
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Results oriented
- Cross-cultural and team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
What is the minimum education you are required to have in order to be considered for this role?
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other advanced technical degree. Experience in healthcare and software development may substitute for required education.
What are the travel requirements of this role?
Remote position - Limited domestic and international travel required (up to 5%).
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.