Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work. Members of the Sanctuary team founded D-Wave (a pioneer in the quantum computing industry), Kindred (first use of reinforcement learning in a production robot) and the Creative Destruction Lab (created in excess of $5B in shareholder value). The team has experience launching market defining innovations rooted in deep, unsolved scientific problems. The company is based in Vancouver, Canada.
We seek exceptional Software Engineers to join our AI team to develop tools to accelerate algorithm development. In this role, you will work as part of a high performance team supporting rapid advances in machine learning and state-of-the-art AI. Suitable candidates must excel at becoming an expert at a wide range of technologies, developing algorithms from scratch, and writing high performance code.
- Develop an in-house physics engine to simulate novel hardware technologies
- Develop infrastructure for training neural networks in simulation
- Optimise algorithms for performance; develop parallelised CUDA applications when appropriate
- Provide implementation support for computer vision, natural language understanding, planning, and motor control experiments
What We Are Looking For
- Above all else, a consistently positive attitude and a willingness to do whatever it takes to create robust solutions to complex problems
- Solid foundation in mathematics: linear algebra, numerical analysis, differential equations
- Interested in learning AI and machine learning methods; a deep background is not required
- Computer Science, Physics or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in game development is a plus
- 4+ years of programming experience using C++ and Python
Founded in 2018 by Geordie Rose, Suzanne Gildert, Olivia Norton and Ajay Agrawal, Sanctuary is a Vancouver, Canada based mission driven company. Sanctuary’s mission is to create general purpose robots that can autonomously perform most economically valuable work.