Software Engineer, Web Applications
Join an exciting enterprise SaaS fintech startup that is using artificial intelligence to change how consumers interact with banks and credit unions.
Finn AI is a rapidly-growing cloud based SaaS company specializing in providing virtual assistants to banks and credit unions to improve service quality, acquire customers and help consumers manage their money. Working with banks across four continents, including some of the world’s largest brands, our Conversational Banking product is changing how people interact with banks (i.e., their money).
Leveraging our proprietary AI stack for natural language understanding and the richest banking domain data model and library of pre-built use cases in the industry, we are uniquely positioned to help banks and credit unions evolve their default experience to a smart virtual personal banker.
To learn more visit www.finn.ai or follow us on LinkedIn.
Finn AI is a market leader in an early and rapidly growing market. Our solution helps consumers ‘chat’ to their bank, whenever and wherever they want, simplifying the experience, extending service 24/7 and driving efficiency.
We have a strong cohort of customers including ATB Financial, KOHO, Tyme Bank, Banpro, Fidor Bank and more -- alongside partners including Visa, Liveperson, MX.com, Zendesk, Temenos and more. Finn AI was named a Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’ in 2018.
Finn AI is a well-funded series-A startup with a fully agile product development methodology. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our web application development team, to design, develop and operate our award-winning conversational AI applications for the banking industry.
If you are a solid developer in Node.js and Python, this is the job for you. The application team mainly uses Node.js, python and k8s, along with other latest technologies to implement full-stack web applications. There are endless learning opportunities at Finn AI, and we are not afraid to change what we have if we can make a bigger impact.
Working in an integrated agile team, you will also have ample opportunity to architect, design and build the best solutions you can. You will have the freedom to introduce your cool ideas and contribute to the company's bottom line directly by increased efficiency, improved quality, and reduced cost.
In a flat startup organization like us, you will earn the trust and respect of your team and colleagues. We not only support, but encourage you to explore many different possibilities for your career paths.
So if you love to work in an agile environment, can take care of the business from design to deployment, and want to see your product delight users, you will find yourself right at home here.
- Perform end to end engineering of Finn.ai proprietary chatbot and other business applications, from design, develop, test, release, deploy, upgrade and production
- Contribute to the technical design and implementation of specific product areas.
- Perform code reviews for your peers.
- When required, participate in production support, including deployment, training, setting up and incident response, in a timely fashion
- Contribute to automation tools to aid development, testing and delivery of customer and product requirements
- Take individual responsibilities to drive timely execution of projects and sprints, including estimates, status update and reviews
- Strive to be full-stack developers, capable of contributing to backend, frontend, database, configuration, AI, automation and infrastructure
- Uphold the quality of the product or features, including unit test, functional test, integration, performance, security and scalability
- Understand and contribute to company best practices for code quality and velocity
- Participate in architecture design and decisions, communicate significance/impact of a solution with management
- Produce documentation on code, system design, architecture and solutions
- Produce external-facing quality documents on design, user guides and API documentation
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering, development, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering industry experience, at least 2 year as an intermediate software engineer
- Great team player contributing to create good team culture
- Strong Experience with Node.js, React, Express, Python, Postgres, and other related technologies
- Strong experience with Docker, K8s, and AWS
- Strong experience with REST APIs design and implementation
- Experience with web application security principles and practices
- Experience in supporting live SaaS production system, with performance and scalability
- Experience in agile methodologies, processes and code repository management
- Experience in good software engineering practices, design patterns and common systems architecture
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins
- Ability to define problems and challenges to address as well as experiments to perform
- Ability to conduct research and analysis, clearly identify and communicate findings and recommendations
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills to document and present your ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiar with software engineering related technical documentation conventions, formats and terminologies
- Bonus: Experience with messaging apps, including web and mobile apps, especially creating frontend SDKs for mobile and web applications
- Bonus: Experience with chatbot and messaging servers such as FB, Whatsapp
We are hiring directly or through personal networks and will not accept recruiter referrals.
- Competitive compensation rates and vacation time
- Stock options in a fast-growing company
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Parental Leave
- Flexible working hours, a collaborative, team-based environment
- Team events and celebrations
*To meet our compliance obligations we require successful candidates to undergo security screenings including a criminal record check before coming on board. We focus strictly on offenses that are directly relevant to employment at Finn AI, and abide by all applicable human rights and privacy legislation.